Privater and Rigtheus fire on Windows XP..

Udjathi

Spaceman
Well, i recently puchase a version of Microsoft Virtual PC 2004, to run some aplications that where no compatible in WinXP, after a while, the programs worked perfectly.. then i begun to wonder, if there will be any chance for my old Privater CD to work under this program??...

So it begins..

1.- I created a VM based on DOS 6.22, with the original disks that i keeped on safe.. (you never know..)

2.- After installation, i installed de VMAdittions, wich let me have the CD-Rom extentions enabled.

3.- Run memmaker to free more memory..

4.- Install the game with soundblaster p:220, I:5 D:1

5.- It worked just fine!!, ulgy music, and the speech tend to be cutted, but it worked, and fast too, i thing is the Soundblaster module that need some work on Virtual PC...

Things to do: I only have a USB joystick, as Virtual PC doesn't support USB devices, i dunno if the joystick works, please someone update on this subject??

Any questions or suggestions will be apreciated..
PD. sorry for my bad english.. it's not my native language..

I can only give you two suggestions
a) Forget memmaker. In my experience it doesn't give more memory, but causes lots of problems.
b) Limit the ammount of EMM memory to 16 MB. This should cure your sound problems.

Ok, thanxs, i'll try that.., btw, i also was able to run the game on DOSbox, and not too slow, by disabling the scaler function in the "render" config file, it's the sound that tends to shutter, but just speech..

see ya..

Back