Privateer2 - How do you land?

EssexD

Spaceman
After you reach the planet you are travelling to, how do you land.
When I approach the planet I get told not to get to close or I will burn up and eventually I do.

Ahhh!! I new it had to be something simple I just couldn't work out what it was. Thanks so much for your help.

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
I could swear they tell you that in the manual... ;)

I would have thought so too, but they don't. I bought the Deluxe version which comes with the "Privateer2 strategy guide" as well as all the normal manuals and they don't tell you how to land in that either. Crazy huh..................

Nutty... Are you talking about the Win95 EA Classics-version, or some other thing? Well, if it doesn't say in any of the bundled manuals, there just has to be something in some kind of read-me on the CD...

I have the Win95 version that came with manuals. If you have a manual called "As it is in HEAVEN, a guide to space travel", Try looking at page 11. The one that I have covers the issue.

Still. In all the other WC games you have to ask for permission to land. They probably didn't put it in the manuals because it's that basic.

I have the Privateer2 Win95 Deluxe version. I have only ever played Privateer1 before and if I can remember correctly you flew close to the planet you wanted to land on and you were landed automatically. Anyway thanks to everyone's help I can now land on a planet. The new question is: What's the best trade route to start off with and with what commodities.

If you look at the News Bulletins in the Booth, they should give you some tips. Although, when I once tried to ship some Iridium from some other place to Bex (their mines were supposed to be disabled somehow), I lost money on it. Not from any repairs or pilot-fee, just the trade itself. I must've bought Iridium from the wrong planet...

hit "c" to communicate once you get close enough to the planet and get permission to land

Back