Privateer1, I got sound working, but no damn stick

DarkDave

Spaceman
Anyone know how to setup a Joystick in DOS ?
I thought it would work when I got Sound card installed right but doesn`t seem to be the case.

The stick is pretty old-ish and has worked on DOS games before. But not on this PC.

Here is my config files.

Config.sys:
-------------------------
DEVICE=C:\CTCM\CTCM.EXE

device=C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\display.sys con=(ega,,1)
Country=044,850,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\country.sys

Autoexe.bat
PATH C:\MOUSE;
MOUSE
mode con codepage prepare=((850) C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\ega.cpi)
mode con codepage select=850
keyb uk,,C:\WINDOWS\COMMAND\keyboard.sys

SET CTCM=C:\CTCM
C:\CTCM\CTCU /S /W=C:\WINDOWS

SET SOUND=C:\SB16
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6

C:\SB16\DIAGNOSE /S
C:\SB16\MIXERSET /P

Any advice be useful thanks.

DarkDave Try placing j201 at the end of your Set Blaster command. That is the one to make your joystick work. You can use 200-207, but 201 works for me.

Ozias

Originally posted by ozias
DarkDave Try placing j201 at the end of your Set Blaster command. That is the one to make your joystick work. You can use 200-207, but 201 works for me.

Ozias

I'm not sure but I believe it's case sentive. J200
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6 J200

[Edited by Johnl12 on 04-19-2001 at 17:51]

I tried a load of different J0* settings but didn`t seem to have an effect. is there a seperate DOS program that can test my Stick? so I can know if it`s not just privateer with the prob ? or any other help ?

Well only DOS games I`ve got to try is privateer and wing-armada.

In armada when I go to the options select that allows you to switch Joystick , keyboard and calibrate the joystick option is darkened out and it wont allow me to select it.

What joystick do you have? If it's a relatively new one, it's probably a digital stick, which will not usually work with Dos mode games. There's nothing you can do about it. If you wanna play Privateer badly, get yourself an old analog stick, you can pick one up for next to nothing.

Back