Privateer Wiki Development Making Great Strides (April 2, 2023)

ChrisReid

Super Soaker Collector / Administrator
If you've been following some of our recent news posts, you've seen that LOAF has been making some incredible strides in finishing out the Privateer-related entries of the CIC wiki. Many of the recent discoveries and explorations have been crowdsourced in Discord #Wingnut, and new contributors are always welcome. Whether you'd just like to read up on the latest, or get a sense of what yet needs to be done, check out some of the major indices such as the main Privateer page, the components navbox and the ships/vehicles navbox. Did you know the shape of the radar changes by sensor type? The Maneuvering Jet art started out as an EMP Shield? The Paradigm Destroyer is internally coded as "Frigate"? And there are nine different color shades in the MFD damage display? All of this is just the beginning - learn more at the WCPedia!

--
Original update published on April 2, 2023

It's nice to see that the wiki content is being revised. But one problem I've always had with "wcnews" is that it's not optimized for mobile devices, nor is it responsive.

It's nice to see that the wiki content is being revised. But one problem I've always had with "wcnews" is that it's not optimized for mobile devices, nor is it responsive.
Is there something specific that doesn't work well on mobile? The front page and Wiki load nicely on my phone, and the forums have a custom mobile interface. In years past, there were specific things that would break the layout on mobile, so we do take specific actions to optimize it. We also pay for a ridiculous amount of bandwidth and capacity compared to our usage, specifically so things are responsive, there aren't bottlenecks on downloads, etc.

This is what I see (posted from my phone!):

Attachments

• IMG_3142.jpeg
    IMG_3142.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3143.jpeg
    IMG_3143.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_3144.jpeg
    IMG_3144.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 14
Back