Privateer to RF savegame conversion

Darth Roel

Spaceman
Hi,

I just finished Privateer (again!! :) ) Now I'd like to continue on and play RF again as well. However instead of starting over I'd like to continue on with my save game from Priv. I've copied it from .sav to .prs. The problem occurs whenever I look at my cargo manifest, probably due to the secret compartment. Everytime I try to look at it, the game crashes and I get kicked out, back to the DOS prompt. Does anyone know how to solve this?

thanks.

Darth Roel

My guess would be is that it is two different formats and that there is no way around it. You should go to the tech support forum.

what the hell are you doing!? RF has an AUTOMATIC upgrade feature.... it asks you if you want to use a PRIVATEER savegame to play in RF. Try looking for it. if you find it it WILL work. if you can't find it or it doesn't work contact me and I'll upgrade your savegame for you. the savegames are in the Same format. Hell you can even go from RF to privateer as long as you only buy equipment available in privateer....

Darkmage, you're right!!!

I feel like such an idiot!! I've probably played RF 5 or 6 times, but I've always started from scratch, however this time since I wanted to play priv and rf back to back I wanted to import my priv game for the first time.

Thanks!!

About SAV and PRS being in the same format: that was pointed out as an interesting 'cheat' of sorts. Providing you didn't buy completely new technology (ie, gun cooler, speed booster, etc) you could buy tech from the future (higher level shield/engine generators, advanced repair droid, isometal armour (although you couldn't repair the armour in Priv)). Fission cannons would even convert to Steltek guns in Privateer, although that would bring out the Steltek drone prematurely... but some call that an even trade-off. :)

Back