Privateer sys. requirements

wcmaniak

Spaceman
I'd like to know what the system requirements for Privateer are. The ones on the box I guess. I wanna slow down my computer appropriately with Moslo so that the game runs at the right speed.

Thanks.:)

I think it will run O.K., if you can get it to run. It runs normal speed on my pentium 60 120 overdrive. The problem is freeing up enough LOWER ram, I think you need to free up 570 of the 640K available. Someone posted something about a patch or something that would get it to run in windows. As soon as I can get to my computer, I'm going to try to download that.

There is no Windows patch for Privateer...

Getting the slowdown just right will require some fiddling. You should probably just get right into it, it can vary from system to system.

Requirements for Priv1? :D Well, DOS and some 570 kb conventional memory. Other than that, a CD-ROM drive, joystick, mouse and soundcard would certainly be recommended. Not to mention limiting the RAM to 16 Mb. I've never needed to slow the game down, though, and I'm using a P2 450.

[Edit] Er... That's not from the box, btw. Just a qualified assumption.

corretc: privateer does not need to be slowed down. I'm running 1ghz+ and it runs fine.

There is no windows patch, but there are rumours about DOS emulators in development that either can run it or are getting there. I'll post when i know for sure one way or another

of course Virtual PC runs it... it's a virtual machine... it actually runs DOS, it doesn't emulate it. Instead of emulating the software calls, it emulates the hardware and you install an OS on top of it...

Back