Privateer soundcard IRQ problem, help please!

Dreadnought

Spaceman
My sound card is IRQ 11, but the Privateer installed doesn't have an option for 11, just 2, 5, 7, 9 and 10. Can anyone please help me out?

If your talking about the first privateer, i'm having the same issue, what sound card do you have? I have a Sound Blaster PCI and there's a program c:\SBPCI\SBCFG.EXE that'll tell me all the specs about my card and how it's configured. look for a directory like that for your card. I'm new to WC CIC and am having issues with PRIV1 myself, so maby i'm not the best person to listen to.

priv dosn't even know your card exists, as it came out many years after privater did. however, your card dose emulate many cards below it. (at least mine dose) for example, i have a sound blaster PCI, and it emulates Sound Blaster PRO, Sound Blaster 16, General MIDI, Roland etc, etc. Look in your autoexec.bat and find what folder your card's ini file is in, also in that folder will be a program which will tell you what the IRQ/Port settings are for each type of emulation your card can do, pick one and go.

I had to manually change the my Soundblaster Audigy's IRQ. Actually, if your card supports it (like the Audigy, I don't know if all SB's support it), I just figured out something cool. Audigy has a built in "Soundblaster 16 Emulator" just for running old DOS games. The soundblaster emulator requires an IRQ (to trick the comp into thinking it is hardware I guess, Im not very good with comps), but it doesn't cause any conflicts if it shares an IRQ with another piece of hardware. Check your manual for your soundcard, that might help

In your privateer install directory...usually c:\privateer edit the sound.cfg file. the first line id's the music card, the second gives port, irq, dma lo, dma hi in that order. the third line is sam as second, except its for the speech card. manually change the second number to 11 and you should be good to go.

btw the 4th line ids the speech card type.

G/L

-end_fsg

Back