Privateer Sound

UnSceptique

Spaceman
It seems that many have been having problems with sound. I have an AWE 64 soundcard, and when I set the sound card as SB 16 the game tells me that my sound settings are incorrect and it won't even start. Can anyone help?

Could be that you haven't installed the game with the IRQ and DMA settings in your SB16 emulation.

Did you test the sound card under dos. Run the test utility (SBTEST.EXE or SBEGO.EXE). If you know your sound card is working try deleting the C:\privateer directory and reinstall it. I change the IRQ on my SBLive card but privateer would not acceipt the new IRQ. This was my solution. If this did not help, then post your autoexec.bat and config.sys files. Here a example of my sound settings.

rem ;;The below lines are for the SBLive sound card;;
SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:F MODE:0
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 T6 J200
SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM

[Edited by Johnl12 on 04-15-2001 at 22:24]

Souncard

I know I set the IRQ and DMA settings correctly. Should I hae put something about the sound card on my boot floppy? I didn't. The problem is that I don't know what to write in the autoexec.bat and config.sys files to make the soundcard work. Help!

Ok, this is what John gave me when I had problems with my AWE64:

put this in your autoexec.bat:
SET SOUND=C:\AWE64\CTSND
SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
SET BLASTER=A220 I5 D1 H5 P330 E620 T6
SET CTSYN=C:\WIN95_25
SET CTCM=C:\AWE64
C:\AWE64\CTCU /S /W=C:\WIN95_25
CTCM
AWEUTIL /s
MIXERSET /p /q

Of course you'll have to adjust for where you've got your files installed. As you can see in my case they're in C:\AWE64 and win95 is installed in C:\WIN95_25.
good luck!

Back