Privateer project: Privboot-DC

WarSong

Captain
it's been a coupla years since i was last here and its been that long since a bare-bones boot disk for privateer called privboot was first created.
well after a long time of inactivity, i noticed an old homebrew game for dreamcast made by a coupla french guys that discribed itself as a privateer-like game and about that time i also noticed an old project that ported dosbox 0.60 to dc.

i've tried getting dosbox 0.60 to run privateer, but there was no cpu paging support which would be required to use jemm.

the only option left; build dosbox 0.65, which reports privateer as supported, for dreamcast and find a configuration that will allow you to burn your own privboot disc for dreamcast. wish me luck folks.

visit
http://beam.to/privboot
for more info and any help you might be able to offer or
www.geocities.com/lorddeathmark
for the original privboot, you'll need your own copy of privateer to get it running. and dont bother asking where to get one, you know the answer is gonna be e-bay.

I've gotten Privateer to work with the newer version of Dosbox no problem using the instructions the CIC gave me. Wait a little bit and I'll get you the link to it. edit: Here it is!https://www.wcnews.com/techsupport.shtml#p1

I don't think that's what he's talking about at all... From what I can tell, he's trying to run Privateer on some wierd dosbox version for the Dreamcast Console.

Last edited by a moderator:
thats exactly it, but i've hit on a major snag, i NEED the source code from MYJEMM 1.4 by Ross Ridge. because DOSBox eat far too much of the dreamcast's memory to have enough space to run privateer itself, and the 386 memory map it would need to use. Since MYJEMM was open source and could be altered to run with smaller overhead, all we need is to port it, not dosbox.

i can't seem to edit my previous post, so forgie my double posting.

i've been working in KOS using cygwin trying to compile the c code for dosbox 0.60 i was given from the dc port; just incase i could figure out what privateer doesn't need and hack it out. whoo boy, i'm getting building errors left and right, and i'm not too sure what i can do about most of em. with any luck, i'll be able to use any myjemm code i come across online with dosbox to fix its protected mode memory issues without eating all of the dc's ram.

Back