Privateer pirate lifestyle

ok thx, I'll try that trick toaday when I get home. yeah, it sucks that all the pirate bases are in asteroid belts, Ive died about 5 more times from asteroid hits!

TRy the afterburner trick then.
Hit tab and yank the joystick back and forth, making your ship fly like an insane person. the game engine won't have time to realign the 'roids correctly...

ok cool, I tried it and it works, thats awesome! just one more thing though, when I was using the priv editor that you can find in the files section at wcnews.com, I accidently set it so that all .sav files would be opened with that editor and I have no clue on how to fix that problem, can you help?

Iceman16 said:
ok cool, I tried it and it works, thats awesome! just one more thing though, when I was using the priv editor that you can find in the files section at wcnews.com, I accidently set it so that all .sav files would be opened with that editor and I have no clue on how to fix that problem, can you help?

At least in Win9x, from within Explorer, View -> Folder Options... -> File Types tab, then scroll down to the entry for .sav files, select the entry, then hit the Remove button.

Dunno about the NT-based Windows versions, but it's probably not too terribly different.

The Razor is great. I wish we had that in Confed. And it's even a legit fighter... Pity the pirates got some. I'd like to see a Medium Fighter by Martina Nostra one day. It would kick the Hellcat's ass.

Right, but they have good firepower for their tonnage. Imagine what their designers could do with a bigger frame and more money? Remember, civilians were their costumers, not the TCN...

It's weird that you've created some elaborate mythology based soley on the fact that there's one ship that doesn't say 'Douglas Aerospace' in the 'Manufacturer' section.

Exceedingly weird.

Bandit LOAF said:
It's weird that you've created some elaborate mythology based soley on the fact that there's one ship that doesn't say 'Douglas Aerospace' in the 'Manufacturer' section.

Exceedingly weird.

It wasn't me, it was the guy from the TC Engineers Page. I just went along. I like these little pieces of info that make the whole thing more enjoyable. Suspension of Disbelief, you know.

overmortal said:
That's why Privateer needed to go online. And, it needed a *much* wider range of products available (ships, guns, missiles, hardware, maps, other accessories), and maybe even varying brands.

And, online, it would need a few really good alliances. Like a real Merc Guild, with real rules (such as not interfering with or killing other mercs). And, of course, more planets, systems, blah blah. More involvement with the Kilrathi/Confed war (because, let's face it, who'd want to play Privateer during the bug war? I'm not a big fan of the bug war)

Of course, all these ideas have been hashed over time and time and time again.

Dunno. Their is something luractive about checking out old Bug debris and trying to sell it. From what the SO fiction speaks of, there is a luractive underground market for such items.
Not to mention the many sales of Bug parts as war throphies. Would be funny to see a freighter flying around with a few Bug parts hanging on the sides. <G>.

As I recall, wasn't there a danger to digging through bug stuff? Like disease or whatnot. I only read the fiction once, and it was a good while back.

Yup, the remains of the Nephilim ships had a natural defense mechanism... they infected smugglers and recovery people with a deadly virus. Confed eventually figured out a (very painful) treatment.

Back