Privateer joystick problems

spotdog

Spaceman
First - Thanks for the help in setting up the game - just read the old posts and no problem.
EXCEPT - I don't have a joystick in dos. I have a Wingman Exreme and the software says it does not support Dos. Great!
Is there like some generic joystick drivers I can load to get this to run, or do I have to search through the attic and try to find my old beatup ch flightstick?

Thanks in advance

Well, I suppose you could always try the keyboard
smile.gif

Seriously though, that's a digital joystick, is it? If so, then give up right now. You'll just have to drag out that old beat-up analogue
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Grab the analog joystick. It's always a good idea to keep one of those around. As for the mouse... well, I have a mouse driver here that is very small (i.e. good for WC games) and works with just about all mice. Quarto, whom should I send it to to get it into the Files section?

I'm not sure, actually. Kris, maybe. Or you could just send it to news@wcnews.com . This way, I think they will all get it.

Since the topic is sending files around I'm able to contribute to that!
smile.gif

Stinger: As I'm recently replaying WC1 I was on the lookout for a slowdown utility for my comp (PII 233 MHz). I tried Moslo (under DOS) and Turbo (under WIN) but both of them seem to be a bit choppy. Then a friend of mine emailed me a program he found on a games magazine's cover CD. I tried it and the results I get look smoother than with Moslo/Turbo. The program is called Slowdown (how convenient!
smile.gif
) and was originally written in '97 by a university student.

Would you be interested in testing it? I don't know how well it performs on faster machines, though.

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

To get a file into the files section you can send it to Kris, or you could, I guess, send it to me and I'll put it up on the blacklance.org site (we host many of the CIC's files) and ask Kris or Chris or someone to link it.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Stinger: Ok, I'll send it over. I'll translate the readme.txt first (it's in German). Won't take long, though. It's pretty short.

------------------

There you go! Email sent!
smile.gif

------------------

Be sure to give us a full briefing after you put it through the paces, Stinger
smile.gif

Back