Privateer 3 Online?

I heard a rumor last week that Privateer 3 was FINALLY approved for release, but in an online version only. The last time I read about Privateer 3 was at least two years ago. I had pretty much given up on it and began looking for substitutes.
What's the latest?

You're years behind. Privateer Online was in development at one point a few years ago. Development was halted when Origin moved to an all UO format of buisness.

The EA.com division or whatever their online games division is called is crap. If by Privateer 3 you mean Earth and Beyond then yes, it is out and available now! The whole division is in the red and they hope to save it with The Sims Online. So if that tanks, don't expect any online games from ea for awhile. Last I heard was The Sims online wasn't doing too bad. Not what they hoped but not horrible. You'll just have to play Freelancer to quench your Privateer thirst until something else comes along. LOAF seemed to like Freelancer so that might actually be a good sign about the game. w00t

Freelancer

So....was it ever released? The article in the link [btw, Thanks WildWeasel!] says it's due out in March, but doesn't say what year. Has anyone here played it yet? What's the scoop?

It's a pretty solid 'we hope'... and LOAF's played it. Check out his article on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the link ZorPrime. Looks intriguing. I've no doubt it won't run on my ancient Win98 Compaq Presario 2266. If it's not exclusive to XP, I might upgrade just to play it. It it requires XP, I might pass.

Originally posted by DarkeningAddict
Thanks for the link ZorPrime. Looks intriguing. I've no doubt it won't run on my ancient Win98 Compaq Presario 2266. If it's not exclusive to XP, I might upgrade just to play it. It it requires XP, I might pass.

If it is XP only, then they can shove it where they sun don't shine.

NO XP for me

Originally posted by Shaggy
Amen brother!

Windows XP is the spawn of Satan!

DITTO. To say XP sucks is being kind.

I think if the FTC passed new truth in labelling laws, Microsoft's ad copy might look something like this...

"...FIVE FREE TROJANS with your new microsoft Windows XP computer! On Sale now at VIRUSES R US! Don't delay, get hacked today!!"

...Or words to that effect

Back