Privateer 2

ok great

Thanks for the site, but i am still unable to locate a playable and downloadable demo of priv2. I was hoping for it to be there...do you know of any other places?

I know a playable demo exists, I have it on CD somewhere. It's possible that it's no longer online anywhere, because of its size. A quick Google search didn't yield any results.

It was taken down due to space constraints. I'm sure LOAF will put it back up if so asked, however.

since i am really out of the loop around here, and am not really fluent in the abreaviations used here...what/who is LOAF?

and KrisV: just how big is this demo? if you have kazaa, can you put it in your shared folder such that I may DL it?

LOAF is a person's name :)

It's only about 60 megs (IIRC), which isn't that bad. (Until you have 500 people download it...)

I don't have a copy of it anymore, or I'd put it up on blacklance.org, I'm sure LOAF or Kris will.

The Privateer 2 demo was never really popular... Origin never had it online, and we only had it online for a bit. It's not a great demo.

all that happens in the priv 2 demo is you fly around for about 5 mins, waste whatever you can then it quits. Nothing compared to the full game which is still quite bad compared to the original privateer.

well, since I hear that priv 2 may be not as good as priv 1...i still wanna get priv 2, for sure if I can ever find it.

Does anyone know how in the world I can play priv 1 thru win2k pro w/sp2?

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The Privateer 2 demo was never really popular... Origin never had it online, and we only had it online for a bit. It's not a great demo.
Wasn't the demo online on Origin's Privateer 2 Deluxe page? Perhaps the page is still online even if it's not reachable through Origin's "new" mainpage... Damn, I don't have the URL here at work, but perhaps in my "favorites" at home...

Or perhaps someone else still knows it?

edit: BTW, Privateer 2 is still sold by Software Savings UK!!!

you find it here:

http://www.softwaresavings.co.uk/product.cfm/ProductID-630

But you might get an english version with svenska manuals :( ... so did I :mad:

Couldn't find it - only AVI trailers.

Originally posted by Jochen
But you might get an English version with Svenska manuals...
Can't be as bad as Quarto's example of getting a German game from a box with English and Polish writing...

Originally posted by Wedge009
Can't be as bad as Quarto's example of getting a German game from a box with English and Polish writing...
Wow, that must have been very frustating... and of course much worse than what happened to me... since I have the DOS version, too, the manuals were no problem...

but surely Software Savings should have mentioned it that the manuals are not english, because who would expect "non-english" manuals when buying a game in the UK? :rolleyes:

Back