I just wanted to publicly say that I have found no
problems with P2 and it appears to be a perfectly fine
piece of software.

Thanks for your attention.

Respectfully,
Brian P.

PS. I'm curious as to what happened AFTER the events
of P2. I've played the game, so I know what happens
in the end. I'm just curious as to what happened afterwards. Where would I find out? -- BDP.

Privateer 3 rumors bounce around once a year I think. It had been canceled by EA, just when they burried Wing Commander.

Ah, yes, I too love that driver! :D It always use to botom my computer out when I played Aliens Vs Predator or something else relatively recent...

Well, even if P3 hadn't been cancelled, it looked like it was going to have more in common with P1 than with P2 in terms of story.
Anyway, there's no information about what happened after P2. Presumably, this is done on purpose - the open-ended ending allows 'evil' players to imagine themselves terrorising the universe at the head of the Kindred, while the 'good' players can imagine putting an end to the Kindred's evil ways.

Originally posted by pendell
I now know that those problems are due to a motherboard
gone wonky...
That's okay. Last Sunday night my hard drive died completely. Two nights before my first exam. I spent until 04:45 the next morning recovering as much as possible, disk by torturous disk. When you've got your life's collection of miscellaneous info/music/whatnot at stake, you wouldn't want to sleep either.

After a few dozen megabytes, the HD stabilised enough for me to use a laplink cable and copy the rest of my stuff to another computer. Thankfully, SO appears to be among the stuff that isn't corrupted. I say 'appears', because I only tested the files using Winzip, and didn't install it.

Sorry, I just had to let that out. It's been a very hard week, especially me being sick since Saturday. :( And the exams aren't over...

Not to mention that my freebie internet server is placing heavy restrictions on time-limits now, effective yesterday. They must be running out of cash. Don't laugh if you're better off, some people aren't as fortunate as you.

[Edited by Wedge009 on 06-21-2001 at 03:04]

Look at the bright side, Wedge - if all those bad things pile up on you now, that means you're in the clear for the rest of the year :).

P2 is the left bookend of the WC universe, there is no more story...:)

As for Priv 3 -- it probably would have introduced a whole new character... although the relationship with Prophecy would have been made much clearer.

(My Win2k server died yesterday, and I couldn't update... but all is better now.)

Originally posted by Quarto
...if all those bad things pile up on you now, that means you're in the clear for the rest of the year.
If only that were true. I'll just have to wait and see.

Back