Privateer 2 prob

Don

Rear Admiral
Hi peeps...this maybe a bother as i assume many of you have got around to getting priv2 wrking on many modern computers. however my one doesnt even start...

i recently purchased an old bundle package of 3 mega sci-fi games of ebay that had - Wing IV, Priv 2 and Crusader: No Regret.

Inserting the first cd of priv 2 i entered the installation and chose default settings for the music and sound options - creative sound blaster or 100% compatible - even though i dont have this sound card, i jus chose it anyway and i also picked mouse settings. Then the game installed to the normal C:\DARK directory. after installation was complete i went to the directory doubled-click on the DARK executable and the blank screen shows up as if it is about to start (with the trademark information and privateer 2 etc) and then it just jumps back to the desktop screen. i tried changing compatibility mode to win95 but the same thing happens...

i was jus wandering if this was a normal problem and can be encountered using somfing else....or have i dun somfing wrong?

my computer is a p3 processor 800mhz, 128 mb RAM with WinXP Special Pack 2.

Im not sure...but the bundle package - according to the trademark - was published 1998...and it says "Windows 95 users require a configured DOS modus"...hope it wrks

i forgot to mention that me sound card is creative sound blaster PCI.

maniac89 said:
If this is the DOS version, try this:
http://perli.net/projekte/privateer2win95/

Fanx! it wrks now...although now i got two problems...quite minor though.

First, when it came to the option series near the beginning...the voice over dialogue sounded quite echo-ee, if u no wot i mean. i was wondering if that could be sorted, or if not then oh well.

Second, the screen resolution size seems quite off, there is a black line at the bottom causing the rest of the screen to be jogged UP meaning that i cant actually see what words and info are on top.

Don said:
the screen resolution size seems quite off, there is a black line at the bottom causing the rest of the screen to be jogged UP meaning that i cant actually see what words and info are on top.

You're windows monitor resolution is probably much higher than that of P2. So your monitor might just not be set up right. Try adjusting your monitor alignment settings (on the monitor itself).

Don said:
Fanx! it wrks now...although now i got two problems...quite minor though.

First, when it came to the option series near the beginning...the voice over dialogue sounded quite echo-ee, if u no wot i mean. i was wondering if that could be sorted, or if not then oh well.

Try different settings for sound/video card hardware/directx acceleration in the control panel.

Don said:
Second, the screen resolution size seems quite off, there is a black line at the bottom causing the rest of the screen to be jogged UP meaning that i cant actually see what words and info are on top.

Also make sure to enable the compatibility mode setting that forces 640x480 mode.

Don said:
Fanx! it wrks, if u no wot i, have i dun somfing

That's really annoying.

13) Posters are held to a certain standard of legibility. Non-native English speakers are very welcome, but sloppy and lazy writers are not.

Back