privateer 2 or 1 in win ME

Originally posted by fallen phoenix
HELP!
I am assuming you have the DOS version of P2. Also, which version of P1 do you have, CD or Floppy?

These game can't be played in WinME because doesn't have DOS so you'll need to use a Bootdisk. Get a Win9x Startup Disk so you can use it to play them in Real DOS Mode. Go to a Win9x PC and in the Control Panel choose Add/Remove Programs. There should be a Tab that says something like Startup Disk. Once you get it we'll help you to modify it.

What sound card, mouse and graphic card do you have? Is your mouse USB? Your sound card and mouse must be DOS compartible.

my p1 disk is the cd version, and i've got the dos version of p2.
I'm not sure about my mouse being USB but it and the stick did work fine when i used to have dos.

BTW...
I tried fiddling with some settings last night and for p2:
explore the cd any go to the properties of install and dark, go to the programs tab under properties and select "disable dos programs from detecting windows". that let me install it and doing the same method once installed let me play it, but only once i patched it.
But unfortunately it stuffed again this morning, so that method still is buggy and inefficient.

Back