Privateer 2 oddities

Tailburn

Spaceman
Has anyone else noticed that almost all the freighter captains in P2 sound the same, whether male or female? Also, does anybody use that wierd "celestial" 3d radar system? And is it just my imagination or does the game get instantly harder once you talk to Dr. Loomis on Crius? Thanks---Tailburn

------------------
"He has warrior spirit. It will be the death of him." Prince Thrakhath - End Run

That isn't really an oddity. They just didn't use more than one voice. No big deal. That celestial thing sucked, at least I never got used to it. And I can't remember. But stop complaining, the game was too easy to begin with.

Actually, I found it nice to be able to tell exactly where everything is in relation to me - that was part of what made the game so easy. I rarely died in space combat unless I got bored on a long haul and decided to take on that CIS destroyer with my Shaman... then deal with my backup on the pirate-killing-spree, then try to make it home alive. Or if I wandered into that dreadnought. What was with that anyway? It automatically fired on you, no reason why.

Well, talking to Dr. Loomis starts the main story line. If you don't go to Crius you won't get any contract offers, too.

I'm using the celestial radar design all the time. I actually like the "Elite" looks of it.

That reminds me that I still have to finish P2!
smile.gif
But it will be de-installed right after I've finished the main plot and seen all of the cutscenes. It's getting boring to fly around shooting up those annoying pirates with my fully equipped Freij MKII (three Kravens/two MIs)!

I just have to get the possibility to talk to Uncle Kashumai. The I'm off to Hades!

------------------
No one will hear your cry of death in the void of space

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are talking about meeting Dr.Loomis for the first time then it gets harder because its just at the begining of the game.

-ICEMAN

------------------------------------
...as long as they dont piss me off!

[This message has been edited by ICEMAN (edited July 05, 2000).]

Yeah, I have to finish P2, as well. Last time I played, I stopped right after talking to David Warner on Hades.

------------------
If I'm locked on, there's no such thing as evasive action!

Steampunk: if you can get a Dakkar with MICs, and lay on the missiles. If not, a Shaman and still be generous with the missiles. Once you get the Kravens, you wont be needing them =)

------------------
You deal death with your roars and your screams, your threats, your taunts, your overblown ego. I hand it out, one with the steel and the silence, the blackness around me, with a thought.

There's an idea! Missiles! I'm not much of a missile user to tell the truth. They cost money
smile.gif

steampunk: You mean the saving Ralph McCloud mission? Funny, never had any problems with that.

P2 really is behaving rather odd lately! It seems that I only get to see some of the side line story when I complete another mission from the main plot. Anyone else with that kind of problem?

On the missile issue: The only type I use is the Proximity missile. It's quite effective on defensive missions when you don't have to worry about other friendly ships in the vicinty. I don't like the rest of them.

------------------

It's been almost 2 years since I've played Priv2. I finished the game but there were at least two side missions I never finished. The one I can't recall much about. The other one involved someone who was kidnapped. I'd figure out the first clue, but when I got to the second locale, laser turrets (or something similar would blow away the cargo container that either held the girl or another clue. Anyone else have this problem and any solutions?

***POSSIBLE SOPILERS (?)***

I love that mission for one reason: Easy money (IIRC you get 13,000 CR for it)
wink.gif
. It's a 4 nav mission, in which you have 3 clues and one Drakar to kill (plus the turrents and some skulls). In the end you find out that the gal you were supposed to free was found dead in her appartement. I have the navs written somewhere, and I'm sure I can give 'em to you if you really want them
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Hero (edited July 07, 2000).]

Well the problem is after the second Nav I get a message saying that I f'd up and the contract is void. I'm planning on playing through P2 again soon. I'll ask when I get to it.

NightHawk: Oh, that's the mission eh? I thought it was the kill all the refugees carrying some diesease mission ...

Yeah, that's the one! After getting that one Kraven from McCloud for free they become available for purchase in the booth.

When I was still in the early stages of the game I was a little confused about where to get my first Kraven. Actually thought I would get it if I took on that mission from the guy at Kraven Industries!!
biggrin.gif

WW/Shane: Ah, the math test!
smile.gif
Well, if I think back, the last (and IMO hardest) problem came down to just one tiny little equation!
smile.gif

------------------

Back