Privateer 2 Movie I

Privateer 2 Movie

Hey, about a year ago, I bought a little game known as Privateer 2. When I discovered how great the movie scenes were (Better than the WC series in my opinion. I LOVE the atmosphere of this game) I decided to make a feature out of the clips.

My final cut became a reasonable 1 hr 6 min film. I exported the movie at EQUAL quality of extraction so its size is at a whooping 948 MB!

I'm currently in the process of uploading this file some how but NEVER FEAR, it will be up!

For those with dial up, I'm gonna start working on high quality segments and an all at once low quality version.

I will eventually make a ultra quality version from the newly aquired vids, but until then you'll have to settle for what the game offered.

Check for updates, it will be up VERY soon!

Pictures:

Privateer 2_0001.jpg

Privateer 2_0003.jpg

Privateer 2_0004.jpg

Privateer 2_0005.jpg

Privateer 2_0008.jpg

As impossible as it may sound....I HAVE FINISHED THE SECOND CUT WITH THE NEW CLIPS!!

I sat down today and replaced more than half the movie with the new cinematics provided by CIC. I even added in more and now the new running time is 1 Hr, 7 minutes and 10 seconds without the use of ANY gaming clips (Which I will not add).

I'll be exporting the movie tonight to review it and make any nessasary changes.

Looks good Maverick. But 950mb of space is a lot to ask for. Can you do something about that? Perhaps cutting it down to two different feature length segments. Halve it into two by its original feature (450mb each)?

Two parts down...FOUR TO GO!!!

Part 1

Part 2

Edit: This is my ORIGINAL CUT not the new one. The new one will be up sometime next week.

Also, you'll notice that I cut it like a Sci-fi mystery NOT a Sci-fi action movie. I snipped off this and that to maintain a pace that would be relative to a real film.

Filefront really makes my download times large. Perhaps you could put up a link to a faster site for those without ultra-fast-broadband? :)

I had e-mailed CIC news asking for an address to send a DVD-data with the files last night and I'm just waiting for a response. Until till then...FileFront :eek:

I have no doubt that it will eventually end up on CIC yellow (Along with a few other goodies I have planned for you guys :D )

And...40 MINUTES TILL THE NEXT TWO PARTS!

Yes, can't wait to check this out. Never played the game and really want to see the footage. Thank you so very much! :)

Is there some where I can get some concise story info? There seems to be a lot missing that isn't covered in the FMVs, I'd like to read synopsis of the levels or something...

Thanks for sharing this, Maverick's Soul!

I just need to download the last two parts and then I'll watch them in order when I have some time.

Unfortunately, I didn't progress very far through the game when I played it all those years ago and haven't spent much time watching the cinematics via HCL's movie player, so I won't be able to guage how your version compares to the typical player experience having completing the main plot points, although I will provide my thoughts on how it appears to someone who is not familiar with the material.

Cheers,

Bryn

Thank you!

Personally, I'd rather hear an opinion from someone who hasn't played the game than by someone who has. The game can usuaslly interfer with one's overall opinion.

The movie is complete except for one or two gaming scenes that contain plot elements but can be averted in the right mind set.

The two scenes I'm referring to are the scenes with David Hassan. The first one he appears seemingly out of nowhere BUT if you think Lev sees something else outside of the missing pod and goes to investigate, cutting to Hades makes it seem like he found David stranded at Kappa.

The other scene I don't have to worry about because in this case, there could be an action scene but its not at all nessasary.

I hope everyone enjoys the movie and I hope you guys enjoy the second cut when it comes out.:D

Part 3 doesnt download!!

I'm currently downloading it onto a separate computer right now. Do you mean that it doesn't finish, isn't complete, stops in the middle of the download or what?

It might be your interent connection. If you have 56K I feel sorry for you. If you have 28.8......I pray for you...

Back