Privateer 2 missing character missions.

twotone8

Captain
Just finished up the main storyline for Privateer 2 - The Darkening (woof). At least one of the character missions was never triggered.

Not once did I run into Brian Blessed's Character UNCLE KASHUMAI. Supposedly I was supposed to get an e-mail, but it never came. I'm a bit disappointing, as he's one of the actors I wanted to see playing around in this beautiful trainwreck of a game.

Privateer 2 has a number of 'non story' FMV missions that can appear randomly while you're flying around on your own... and they are only triggered if you have a particular CD in the drive. Starting the Uncle Kashumai series requires you be playing with Disc 2 in the drive... unfortunately there's not a shortcut beyond that!

(... to be honest I'm not sure how the GOG version solves switching discs like this...)

Yikes. I've just finished the entire game. I hope the gog version doesn't skip his cutscenes. I looked them up on YouTube, and they're fantastic.

You can still get them after finishing the main plot - just as long as you're playing with the game on CD2 (and there are other exclusives on 1 and 3.)

You can still get them after finishing the main plot - just as long as you're playing with the game on CD2 (and there are other exclusives on 1 and 3.)

IIRC there's a way (with all the files installed to a harddrive) to tell the game that you are playing with a specific CD. There's a config file to edit to tell the game what disk you're playing with, and that should increase your chances of triggering the desired side quest.

Scrounged this from an older thread:
you can copy all cds into a subfolder on your hdd
e.g. C:\PRIV as the main install directory and C:\PRIV\P2Dcds as the subfolder for the cds
copy one cd after another in the P2Dcds folder and overwrite existing files (only the movies folder should expand)
Then set the CD-path in dark.cfg to this subfolder and you don't need a CD-drive anymore.
You can then open in P2Dcds the file cd.dat in a text editor and set "1" for CD1, "2" for CD2 and "3" for CD3.

Back