Privateer 2: Map, and joystick problems

CoachMark

Spaceman
Hi all. I have been unable to get my digital joystick to calibrate for P2, while running it under Win 98. I am forced to unplug it from the USB port and use a cheap gameport analog stick, with poor gameplay. I am forced to run it under windows if I want proper sound playback of the movies - in DOS the sound oscillates rapidly, under windows, this comes only occasionally. I have applied the wcnews.com patch with no change. Any ideas?

Also, the universe map with the game seems to inaccurate. Is there a downloadable correct version? Thanks.

The map on the back of the reference card seems inaccurate. It indicates there are 4 jumps between Karatikus and Hades, while in the game 9 jumps were required. Also, the displayed nav map does not seem to correspond with the reference card's map.

Were you trying to run in a DOS window or pure DOS?
If you made a boot disk, did you try using the Bootdisk.exe that is on the P2 disk 1 to help create it?

Because I am running ME, I had to use a combination of my P1 boot disk and the auto Bootdisk.exe to create a new boot disk. So now P2 boots in pure DOS with all the drivers I had for P1 and works quite well. Ofcourse, playing in DOS means you still need to use an analog joystick. I am using a Genius Flight 2000 F16 joystick, which has throttle control and works quite nicely.

I have found the nav map to be accurate to the reference card however.

Back