privateer 2 interlaced => deinterlacing ddhack10

webtax

Spaceman
has anyone found out how to play the game with the movies deinterlaced?

WC doesnt have the problem because it has a commandline to toggle it, but privateer 2 has not.

theres a ddhack that supossedly can do it for wing commander 3 and 4, but i havent got it to work with the darkening

WC3 also includes full-motion video cut-scenes instead of still (or crudely animated) images when you discuss with other people. These are, by default, shown in "interlaced" mode where every second line is black. This probably looked OK back when monitors were of the 14" variety, but on modern systems it's just painful. I added code that detects when a movie is being played and doubles the scanlines. Naturally, I find after this that the game already has a commandline option to do this.

wc3smallvid.png

wc3vid2.png

http://sol.gfxile.net/ddhack/

WC3 had interlaced movies? afaik, my WC3 was just blocky, but not interlaced.

The Kilrathi saga added interlacing, but IIRC you can disable it using the same-no_interlace switch as WC4.

Are the movies of the Kilrathi Saga included in a higher quality? Or are they the same as in the original release?

Are the movies of the Kilrathi Saga included in a higher quality? Or are they the same as in the original release?

They're the same quality as the regular DOS version. Only the PSX and 3DO versions have better quality video. Specifically the PSX version has the same resolution but higher color depth, and because they reencoded the videos to get better compression for the console versions you don't get the 'sticky' pixel problem of the PC version.

Back