Privateer 2: game questions

Acorrding the the game itself, the Freji II is a bit better then the Danrik (forgot in which area), but it's indeed cheaper. The mistake is regarding the max turn rate
smile.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
In many of the games you have to actually look in the game data files to get the real stats.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

Why? The designers all acknowledge it anyway
smile.gif
. Actually, most of the stats errors are the result of play testing, balancing, et cetera, and no time to correct manuals. But there are also a lot of just plain dumb errors (need I mention the KSaga manual?).

Plus putting some of the real stats in the manuals would make fighting the kats seem as easy as it really is.

TC

------------------
CAG of the Blacklance HQ
"Canadian and proud of it"-TC

The cats or a computer simulation therof?

Eagle, if you don't know how to look at the game files, there are stats at my site. I haven't gotten around to adding the standard stats for WC3/4 ships yet, nor the proper wc1/2 weapon numbers.

Well, that depends on which game we're talking about, TC. The WC2 manual, for example, consistently underestimates the Kilrathi stats. Take a look at the Sartha light fighter - who the hell would make a light fighter with a mere 40dps of Y/P/R?
smile.gif

Uh... no, I actually haven't. But note the fact that WCP doesn't actually give you the stats in the manual
smile.gif
. So, technically, they have no right to be wrong.
Though... didn't you yourself mention that some of the stats in WCP's ship database are wrong?

Hmm...hmmm. I honestly don't recall. Have you any idea which ones or when this was?

Offhand I can't think of anything in the terminal that was in error. I don't have the game installed right now. I'll have to poke around, but like I said, I just don't recall what I may have said if it was me.
frown.gif

I don't really remember either... it might have been the Panther's manoeuvrability stats, but... <shrug>

Death's Head - I didn't see the Privateer 1/2 stats on your page, are the ones in the CIC's ships database correct?

In P2, which ship is actually better, the Danrik or the Freij mk2? I thought the Freij was better but why then is the Danrik more expensive?

I never went and did privateer to get the gun ranges, but seeing as how I've managed to "dig" up one, I'll start after Proph and SO are done. Either then or after the stations are uploaded.

I didn't see anything wrong with the Priv stats here. The shields are usually wrong in most sites, but I was pleasantly surprised to see that they are most likely right on.

As for the other stats, I never did much thinking about the WC3/4 recharges, but they seemed logical. One day I'll have to find out what they really are. As for any of my other errors, they should be remedied sometime when I get the chance.

Regarding the CIC "errors", I have never really noticed anything "wrong" per se as they yield canon numbers.

I've been toying with the idea of doing a ship vs ship section comparing how well one ship "should" do against another, a scale fighterchart(this is not much easier), and putting up previous game release dates.

If there be something you would like to see up in any section let me know and I'll consider it.

Back