Privateer 2: game questions

Kyrandos

Spaceman
OK, I managed to get a ship and fly around in it, but Iv'e found mouse control to be terrible. I cannot figure out how to uninvert my mouse, nor how to use navpoints (or are there any??) target planets, or how to use auto pilot. I am just floating around the planet Hermes wishing I could get to cryos

read the manual, it really REALLY helps.

i don't play whit the mouse, so i can't help you there, but before you got anywhere, you need to lay in a course and stuff... (whith the nav map) and use J (jump) instead of A (auto) like in the rest if the games..

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

[This message has been edited by Twister (edited May 19, 2000).]

OEM means it is just the game. No manuals, no box. Just the cd's in transparant sleeves. It generally costs about 10-20 bucks cheaper that way. You see it more often on hardware

Hi about Privateer 2 I have completed the
game but when the credits come up it says that I have some unfinished business what should I do?

hmm i have not yet completed P2 (sound problems,,,yes i know!)

but i think it means you still have a task to do, maybe you should clear everything in your padd

------------------
When I'm in the air...
I'm indestructible.
No one can stop me...
But they try.
Realy WC fans support the WCSCRP

Nope Twister, that means you've finished the game
smile.gif
there's absolutly, positivly nothing else you can about the main plot (only some sub-plot things that you might didn't finish before like getting the Karvan guns)
smile.gif

------------------
Evilution!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I know that, it's just that I haven't played P2 for SOOOO long, that I'm starting to forget some deatils
frown.gif
(why won't it work, WHY?!
mad.gif
). Besides, I prefer the heatless guns (forgot their name too
frown.gif
IIRC they were Ion???).

Has anyone with a fast computer (PIII or Athlon) been able to have the game play at a reasonable speed without Turbo or Moslo? Apparently, there is supposed to be an in-game frame-rate limiter, but I haven't seen a computer where it has worked.

Please post what kind of computer you have if you can still play P2 without slowdown programs.

why won't it work, WHY?!
To spare you the agony, of course
smile.gif

The heatless cannons (the best weapon in the game, since you could buy extra guns for the money you'd otherwise spend on coolers) might have been called Mass Ion Cannons. But I'm not sure either.

Now you've done it, you made me look into the manual (which BTW has many mistakes now that I'm looking into it...)
biggrin.gif

Ok, that gun's name is indeed the Mass Ion Cannon (Hail to the god of P2 guns, Quatro!
wink.gif
). It does 25 points of damage (same as Flux beam Mk 1, which isn't the high - Stearm Laser Mk 1 does 22 points), however, it has the fastest rate of fire (12) having Kraven Mk IV coming in second (7). And ofcourse no energy rating.
The Kraven Mk IV does 40 points of damage, and has energy rating of 1 (very inefficient).

smile.gif

Your manual has stats in it?
eek.gif

------------------
The time is near.
There are still quite a few days remaining.

I don't care for fame, power or money...
I just want to FIGHT!
-Sanosuke Sagara

NG, which version of the game do you have? I have P2 deluxe, and it's the US version (just in case there are any others), and I have the stats in it too.

I'm not the god of anything, Hero. Especially not of P2 anything.
smile.gif

That having been said, I was damned thankful for me trusty Mass Ion Cannons. Had someone offered to change them to Kravens for free... hell, had some offered to pay me for changing to Kravens, I'd still refuse.

Well, I don't have P2 delux, I have a regular version. As for it's country of origin, well, that I'm not so sure about: It's some kind of limited edition only for sale in Australia, New Zealand and South Asia, but it's NOT the delux version.

As for the stats, it has the stats for the guns, missiles and ships, but it has mistakes in it: The Shaman is named Jendevi and the Jendevi Shaman
smile.gif
, the Freij Mk 2 stats are the same as the Danrik, only the Danrik costs 50,000 credits more, and has 100 dgs/sec Max turn Rate, while the Freij Mk 2 has a 95 dgs/sec Max turn Rate. There are some other mistakes, but I'm too lazy to write them doen
tongue.gif

I do belive that the Freji II stats are either correct, or very, very close. The Freji II is in fact almost as good as the Danrik, and with the extra 50K you save you can buy 5 Mass Ion cannons.

Back