Privateer 2 ending

-=\/\/olf=-

Spaceman
I just played priv2 threw for the 3rd time now and I realised that I never noticed on the ending movie if Lev got his memory back. I mean he found out who his father and brother were and the link with the Kindred. But does he get his full memory back? And I take it that the planet that he goes to at the end of the movie is his home planet and its Janus.

Thanks for any info..

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-11-2001 at 02:28]

Ack, what were you reading a thread titled "Privateer 2 ending" if you haven't played it yet?!?! j/k well just act like its nothing anyway like I said I cant remember most of it so don't worry :)

I don't know Redwolf. That planet at the end of the closing movie looked like Janus and I figured that was his home planet they were showing, sense he wondered were his home was.

Me too. It would also been interesting for example seeing Lev's father, mother and his brother before he started taking that drug or whatever he took that mutated him.
I just feel that they left a lot out about Lev's life threw out the game. Then it seemed (at lease to me) that they didn't showed him regaining the small details about his lost life.

I was convinced that after playing through this game it seemed the game was half-baked, script-wise IMO. They should have tweaked other stuff in the game too but I'll not get into that right now.

Really, it could have been one of the best WC games i would have played but alot things lowered my expectations.....

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
aAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGG!!! I hav'et finished yet, I have read this, I have to forget it :), lol j/k
If you haven't finished it yet, why would you read this topic?

I really enjoyed Privateer 2, but I've never gotten to the end, either. For some reason, I can't save my game, and I don't have the patience to play the entire game from beginning to end in one sitting. It'd just be a pain in the ass, and quite literally, too. And a pain in the neck, and back region... Yikes, I really do need to get a more comfortable chair for my computer.

No the creepy part was when Lev stepped on the bag or whatever it was, and then it started to shot that puss like stuff out of the tail and his brother started to freak out.
But you gotta agree that the gun that Lev's brother polled out was cool looking and damn that thing was big! :)

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-12-2001 at 14:12]

Yikes, Lev's brother was a scary... molusc, indeed! If I were Lev, I'd rather spend the rest of my days believing that I was an only child than going through all sorts of trouble just to find out that *thing* is my brother! :D

--Eder

Originally posted by -=\/\/olf=-
I just feel that they left a lot out about Lev's life threw out the game. Then it seemed (at lease to me) that they didn't showed him regaining the small details about his lost life.

I think the thing is that if you start giving him a past, you risk giving him a future.

The whole point of the game is that Lev has no clear picture of his past, so he (i.e. you) is really free to make up his own choices on where he wants his life to go. So you can play at being a pirate, or you can try to put your family history behind you.

I think Lev needed a past for us to understand for who he really was.

In Privateer 1, you didnt really care of what your character's past was. But in P2, you might wonder what Lev was like because alot of problems he had through the story was involved in his personal life.

Yeah I guess after seeing what happened to his brother and finding out his father lost his life to this pirating business I guess it would turn him away from it.
But when they go to see that one guy(cant remember the name.) but he's the one in the CIS prison. He says something about what Lev was before the accident. Does anyone know what it was? and was it something more pacific then he was just a kindred?

[Edited by -=\/\/olf=- on 07-13-2001 at 04:00]

Back