privateer 1 6 disks

tarsus!

Spaceman
Hello,

I have been reading through a lot of these threads for help on getting Privateer 1 to work, but my problem still remains. Like many others I have the not enough memory available error msg. The other problem is it sounds like there is a CD version of Privateer? And it seems that many of you are copying files off of that onto your harddrive and then the game works. But I have the 6 diskettes and have been unsuccessful in making the game work. My comp is an AMD Athlon 750mhz 128 RAM 15gb HardDrive. For now I don't care about having no sound or music my main priority is getting the game to work first :). So if any of you can help me out (i.e. things to add in config.sys/autoexec.bat) I would be very grateful. Thanks alot!

I run win98SE on my comp, but made a bootdisk which allows me play priv, here are the files...

autoexec.bat
---
SET BLASTER=A240 I7 D1 H5 P330 T6
SET CTSYN=C:\WINDOWS
rem SET MIDI=SYNTH:1 MAP:E MODE:0
C:\PROGRA~1\CREATIVE\SBLIVE\DOSDRV\SBEINIT.COM
c:\mouse\mouse.com
path c:\windows\command
---

config.sys
---
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS /testmem:eek:ff
files=40
buffers=40
dos=high,umb
stacks=9,256
DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM 16384 /I=B000-B7FF
lastdrive=z
---

in autoexec.bat all you need is drivers for sound card and/or mouse - you didnt mention which sound card you have, so just leave out all the lines for your card and use your mouse driver (could be different than mine), if you want to play with mouse

basically the config.sys will be important for you - if you have win98 too than this config should work for you
just let us know what OS you are using, then we can help better...

hope you get it going m8

doh, again that smiley *g*

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\HIMEM.SYS /testmem:eek:ff

this is the line in config.sys where the smiley showed up ;)

Post your autoexec.bat, config.sys and dosstart.bat. Which OS and sound card are you using?

[Edited by Johnl12 on 07-14-2001 at 09:32]

Back