Priv 2

wmaham1701

Spaceman
Ok, I realy really want to play this game......is there any place to get the demo and/or the complete version of the game...??

eBay is your best chance for a cheap copy of Privateer 2... even if we supported piracy (we don't!), I doubt there are any good pirated versions of Priv 2.

well, ok...

The Centurion at first glance kinda resembled it, and the cockpit layout kinda resembles it...that's why I like it so much!

Maybe I can find it on ebay, or something...

Still, does anyone know where the demo is at??

I don't think the demo is online anywhere (it's really big)... and it wasn't much of a demo in the first place. Not as good as any of the other WC demos.

Well, out of all the WCs Priv2 has probably the most boring gameplay (IMHO). The only big plus is the FMV, which seems to have an almost entirely English cast :)

All of that side of the game is nice and wierd, kind of reminds me of The Fifth Element (the Luc Besson film), which I liked a lot.

Well thats true Jammyo.Gameplay is boring in Priv2. It doesnt have good dogfighting.Anyway the FMVs are great ,the actors too, the plot nice in a very Cyberpunk world!!

I really enjoy that gamE!

Query: is it permitted to organize sale of your own stuff within the Chat boards? Quick skim through the regs doesnt show anything up.

i'd send an email to the admin.s, u know people like TC, Kris, or LOAF. The only people that could say, "NO."

Originally posted by Chernikov
Query: is it permitted to organize sale of your own stuff within the Chat boards? Quick skim through the regs doesnt show anything up.

It'd be fine to offer things for sale, I think... but *not* to promote some kind of auction.

Originally posted by Chernikov

I'd suggest using Half.com for such a thing, and then just posting a thread here or some such.

ok, priv 2 is not a bad game, but you're going to need to find a way to slow it down. a pentium 166 computer will run it well. a p2 333 runs it too fast... I run it on my toshiba satellite 1400 which has a celeron 1.2ghz processor in it. when it's not plugged in to the AC power and is running from the batteries, you can set it to save power so I put that to maximum. that results in the processor being underclocked to 600mhz and either because windows xp uses so many resources, or because the processor is a crappy celeron... the game runs at a playable speed. anyway the point of all of this is. if you're going to run priv you'll either need a cpu slowdown tool (i'm yet to see one that's worked nicely) a slow computer, or an underclocked computer. You might try getting privateer 2 for dos. I have the deluxe edition for windows..... The dos edition may be easier to slowdown, as most slowdown programs seem to use dos.

The program 'Turbo' offered in the CIC files section works great for myself; it's very, VERY simple to use, and doesn't conflict with anything on the machine.

not problems again.....when Ill have my new Pc ,nothing will play properly (Wc games).

Perhaps Ill visit the Tech supprort then.....

From what I remember, I think only the Windows version of P2 has speed issues. I could be wrong, but I think I just read that in some other thread.

No, I'm rather sure that either version can have speed related problems... I will remind people, however, that it isn't a universal problem. There's something in the speed limiter that doesn't like some computers and nobody's ever worked out what.

p2

Hello, I'm new here. The only 2 games I ever played from the WC universe are WC Armada and P2. But I think those two are perfect for me because I am able to control everything myself, well for the most part.

But I also experienced the slowness problem at times. What I do is something very simple, I just save before I take off and if the game's slow in space-flight, I simply reload the game and take off again. It's usually ok the 2nd time around.

But I haven't played the game in a while cuz I can't get it to work on my pentium celeron 700 mhz with Windows XP. I'm no expert so I don't know why it isn't working. Same with Armada, but that's a totally different story.

Gladius

Re: p2

Originally posted by Gladius
The only 2 games I ever played from the WC universe are WC Armada and P2.

Welcome, Gladius. You are missing most of the fun, try WC4, P1 or Prophecy.

Starkey - yes I realize that. I have seen the games on my friends' computers and even played it there. But I like the feeling of being able to choose my own ships and fly my own missions for my own purposes. When I get more stablelized in the job-world, I'll probably buy those and also P2 for windows and I'll try to do something about that Armada.

I bought 2 Armada CDs (seperately and at different times) quite a while ago but I don't know why they aren't working; I even tried it on an old 486 with dos and all of that. I realize this is more apropriate for the tech-support boards, but it's just so frustrating. No matter what I try, I can't get those games to run anymore.

Gladius

Back