Priv 2 now has a crappy music video...

Maj.Striker

Swabbie
Banned
Just to keep em coming. I'm sorry guys but the desire was too strong in me...I know I'm not very good at these (I am most definitely not a video editor/compositor) but they're a lot of fun to throw together. So here's yet another music video...this time of Privateer 2. I know some people don't like the game but to me it was a personal favorite...I loved the eery weird vibe too it. But that's a different discussion. Anyways:

Clickie Here!

Hi Striker,

What program should we use to play this? So far I've tried VLC, Quicktime, and Windows Media Player. None of them seem to like it. Do I need to update the version of something?

Thanks!

Edit: Nevermind. I figured out that I need to get the Indio and MS GSM codecs.

Hmm...you should be able to play it with WMP. Do you get sound? I believe the video codec is Indeo 5.10 (which I thought was fairly standard). Try www.moviecodec.com to get the codec if you don't have it. Anyone else having problems playing it? its only 12mb so I recommend downloading it first and then trying to play it.

I'll have to wait until I get home to see it. Macs can't play Indeo files in OS X. The OS 9 Quicktime player can play the video, but not the sound, while the Quicktime OS X version can screw up the sound (it's garbled) and not play the video. :(

Maj.Striker said:
Hmm...you should be able to play it with WMP. Do you get sound?

I have WMP for Mac, but it doesn't include the Indeo drivers. I believe Microsoft distributed those drivers with certain versions of Windows, but it is quite common to see systems without them.

I believe the video codec is Indeo 5.10 (which I thought was fairly standard). Try www.moviecodec.com to get the codec if you don't have it.

Indeo used to be fairly standard in the Video For Windows days. These days Microsoft, Intel, Apple, and other vendors have been phasing it out in favor of the superior MPEG4-based Codecs such as WMV (RC-1) and DiVX. Sound has pretty much standardized on MPEG Layer 3 Audio (affectionally known as MP3 :)).

Hey thanks for the info, I was not aware of that. I shyed away from using Divx because I know a lot of people (specially those at work like me ;) ) don't have Divx available. RC-1 eh? I might try that one out.

Hey Striker, you tend to compress your videos quite a bit. With all the work you put in, for future projects you might release higher quality versions so people can see everything a bit more clearly.

Yeah I should have done that...I just try to keep it as tight as possible for the low bandwidth users. Next time I'll do a higher resolution version as well.

Back