Priv 2 in Windows and joysticks...

I just decided to play through Privateer 2 again. Windows version, yadda. My joystick behaves quite oddly, but at least it seems to run at a decent speed (maybe only 1.8x original speed instead of 3x, as it was the last time). I remember there was a thread about getting Priv 2 to work properly with joysticks somewhere, but I can't find it... Does anyone remember what I'm supposed to do? (I checked the FAQ and didn't find what I was looking for, so no need to send me there. I think.)

[Edit] Hm... Wait, I might be onto something. Thank any deity of your choice for Logitech's (?) little DX Tweaker! It shows some nifty joystick-values, just screaming for a way to be used. :) Hehe, maybe this was totally unnecessary after all! I'll get back to this.

[Another edit] No. I can get it to move about right (center is center and the ship stays there), and the throttle works, but if I turn right or left, I go right, if I pitch up or down I go up...

Erghh, don't tell me it's DirectX-related... :(

I always have the same problem when I play Privateer 2, no matter if DOS or win9x version... so, I would appreciate any hint on this as well...

As for the joysticks I use(d): I started with a Logitech Wingman Extreme, but bought the "new" digital 3D version about a year or so ago... the good thing about the "old one" is that it has those "manual centering wheels"... with them, I was able to solve the problem in most cases...

Grr, development has taken us one step backwards! :)

[Edit] *Groan* Why did I have to find a problem when almost no one is here... Well, I've manually reset the calibration-values to the RAW-stuff, halved just in case, no improvement. Although, I did realise I'm gonna need a slowdown-tool. Which I've already downloaded, just in case I might need it.

Ok, now I've e-mailed EA Support about it... At Logitech, I got a 500, so I couldn't contact them... This is just annoying. And on top of that, damn IE6 has eaten all my system resources again, so I can't check my e-mail with Outlook! :mad:

Whistle while you work!

:) And a bump!

I got it working properly by increasing the calibration-stuff in dark.cfg! WOOOOOOOH! And now I have to deal with the effects of progress and faltering framerate-limiting. At least the STICK works! :D

Re: Whistle while you work!

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
:) And a bump!

I got it working properly by increasing the calibration-stuff in dark.cfg! WOOOOOOOH! And now I have to deal with the effects of progress and faltering framerate-limiting. At least the STICK works! :D
good work!

Could you please mail me your dark.cfg?

my email address is jochen@crius.net

Afraid not... It screwed itself up again, and now I just go with mouse-control. However, you only need to calibrate in-game, open the file in Notepad, and roughly double or triple the Joy1-values. (lx, ly, cx, cy, rx, ry) Just don't recalibrate! :)

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
Afraid not... It screwed itself up again, and now I just go with mouse-control. However, you only need to calibrate in-game, open the file in Notepad, and roughly double or triple the Joy1-values. (lx, ly, cx, cy, rx, ry) Just don't recalibrate! :)
OK... Thanks!

Back