Priv 2 and the SBlive

Lord Hhallas

Spaceman
Alright, here goes. I recently purchased Prive 2, and I have a problem. My Sblive doesn't seem to want to work in dos mode. This is a problem in that the game won't run it's install program unless I have sound. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
frown.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
The SBLive! card won't work in DOS unless EMM386.EXE is loaded. This is the primary reason I don't have one of those cards; I want to be able to play games like Ultima VII that will only work if EMM386.EXE is not loaded. So, to fix it, add the following line to your config.sys just after the HIMEM.SYS line:

DEVICE=C:\WINDOWS\EMM386.EXE RAM

Yup. Do a search (Start->Find) on the file name SBEINIT.EXE. You'll need to add it to your autoexec.bat (or dosstart.bat if you're getting to the game via the Restart in MS-DOS option on the Windows shutdown screen).

Nothing. i think I'm going to invade creative labs and institute martial law....

Anyway, would a newer vesion of liveware make a difference? Cause my emulator prog doesn't wanna work (that's what I think).

Check out Creative's site; they should have drivers available over there. As for the emulator, well, that is probably also a DOS program which relies on the sound card being active in DOS.

Back