Prisoner of Azkaban

Shipgate

Rear Admiral
I went and saw this movie last night and I actually quite liked it. It's far better than the first two and it's got a new director. He's the guy that did Y Tu Mama Tambien and that was an excellent movie. Anyway, the guy who plays Lupin did a great job. I've seen him in other movies too. And Gary Oldman, though you don't see him a lot in the show was really good in it too.

I don't know if many people here are Potter fans or not. I personally quite enjoyed the books myself. Has anyone else seen this movie?

i saw it last friday, and i thought it was ok. i haven't read any of the books, don't plan on reading any of them either, and i hadn't seen any of the other movies, but it wasn't that bad. the guy who did lupin (if he is who i think he is) did do a pretty good job.

The movie pulled a WC on us...everything got moved around! I like this layout of hogwarts better; it makes sense to not have the whomping willow right by the front door, but the movies are all going to stay the same length, while the books keep getting longer- meaning that more and more of each book is going to get cut out of the movie. I predict the fifth movie (if they make it that far) will be Harry's voice breaks while he's pointing a wand at Voldemort and then Voldemort runs away- roll credits.

I've always been a book person though, you get more imaginitive liscense with books.

I'd agree Colonel, I think I would have enjoyed it more if I had never read the book, as the movie was good in its own right. What really gets me is that the third book is almost 100 pages longer than the second and the move ends up being 20 minutes shorter. Go figure.

I have seen several book adaptations, of course LOTR was an epic adaptation, harry potter the movie is an epic in it's own right. I say if a movie captures the magic of a book then job wel done! :)

*Opinion Alert*

*Launching Countermeasures*

I've never heard of the Crusador trilogy, what is it? War Fantasy? War-game strategy novel? Epic swordplay fantasy?

No-fanasy, its a roman thats based on how it realy was. its about the tempel- knights, very good.. never heard about Jan quiliou?

The Crusader trilogy follows the epic redemption of the Silencer as he turns against his WEC overlords to fight for the noble cause of freedom. Also, you can set people on fire with a flamethrower.

You can't possibly go wrong with a flamethower!
Also to prevent hijacking, I shall state, that people who don't think highly of potter movies, either, didn't read the books or are just going against pop culture.
or don't like harry potter which then disqaulifies them from carrying any sort of opinion whatsoever
</rant>
-Rance-

I read Jan Guiliou`s trilogy and I loved it. I really like all the stuff about Templar Knights. Also, I had no idea about swedish history and with this book I found it quite interesting. The books are cool because all the battles that appear (aswell as some characters) really existed.

My favourite was the second one, with the battles against Saladin in the Holy Land.

I haven't seen the last Harry Potter film. I saw the first one, and I haven't read any of the books. The first one wasn't bad, but it didn't really hooked me. However, from what you say this one is much better. I guess I'll go and see it.

Zhak
Spain.

WTF has Harry potter to do with Knights Templar? "Oh, Harry potter is crap, The complete dummies guide to idiot opinions is so much better!!!"

At least compare it to a book in the same category. Of course Dostoievsky and James Joyce are better than JKRowling, but I don't need to keep repeating that everytime someone mentions Potter.

Zhakrin said:
I read Jan Guiliou`s trilogy and I loved it. I really like all the stuff about Templar Knights. Also, I had no idea about swedish history and with this book I found it quite interesting. The books are cool because all the battles that appear (aswell as some characters) really existed.
(...)

I don't want to appear uncultivated but what has Sweden to do with the Templars? AFAIK they were a French knight order. :confused:

Actually the founders of the Templars were of french origin, but the order expanded through all of Europe, even though the vast majority of castles were in France. Also they had some of the most powerful strongholds in the Holy Land, until they lost them. When they were destroyed by the French King Philip and his puppet the Pope all of the properties of the order in France were seized, but that was not the case in all the other countries, where they survived changing the order's name.

:) I guess my sentence looks a bit weird about Sweden and the templars, but the protagonist is swedish, and he is forced to join the order (which has only a simbolic presence in his country), what takes him to fight for the Holy Land. And well so on, I don't want to screw the story ;)

Zhak

Zhakrin said:
Actually the founders of the Templars were of french origin, but the order expanded through all of Europe, even though the vast majority of castles were in France. Also they had some of the most powerful strongholds in the Holy Land, until they lost them. When they were destroyed by the French King Philip and his puppet the Pope all of the properties of the order in France were seized, but that was not the case in all the other countries, where they survived changing the order's name.

:) I guess my sentence looks a bit weird about Sweden and the templars, but the protagonist is swedish, and he is forced to join the order (which has only a simbolic presence in his country), what takes him to fight for the Holy Land. And well so on, I don't want to screw the story ;)

Zhak

OK, that cleared it up and matches my knowledge, thanks. A Swedish Templar? Ok...why not.

And Col.Sanders: What's FFTA?

Fenris Ulven said:
harry potter fan is ofen very fanatic, like trekkers......

Huh? What?

I think for just about every book, movie, or band, you've got the people who like it, are even really into it, and then there's always the very fanatical ones. Harry Potter is no different.

Trying to disqualify my opinion, because I'm a "finatic" isn't very fair at all because I am no such thing I was simply stating that because I have knowlege of the series that that qualified me to give an opinion

-Rance-

Back