Prince Thrakkath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thymerlord

Rear Admiral
I'm new so this may have been covered. I'm just a little confused by something from the books in Action stations, Prince Gilkarg has two sons, Ratha and Thrakkath. But later in the war in Fleet action Thrakkath says his uncle died in the first days of the war and his father was executed by his grandfather. Is Thrakkath the son of Thrakkath since Ratha died in the first days of the war? Or have I missed something since I have only played 1,3,4,and prophecy.

I don't really have the answer to your question but I would like to be one of the first to welcome you aboard :D

Originally posted by Thymerlord
I'm new so this may have been covered. I'm just a little confused by something from the books in Action stations, Prince Gilkarg has two sons, Ratha and Thrakkath. But later in the war in Fleet action Thrakkath says his uncle died in the first days of the war and his father was executed by his grandfather. Is Thrakkath the son of Thrakkath since Ratha died in the first days of the war? Or have I missed something since I have only played 1,3,4,and prophecy.

Thrakkath is, I think, the son of Gilkarg, as you pointed out. Then again, I'm not sure w/o looking it up in the book, but I'm too lazy to right now. Use that answer for now, I guess... :D

Like you said Thrakath is the son of Gilkarg. Gilkarg was executed by Thrakaths Grandfather. His uncle, that would be his fathers brother, was killed in the war. And I believe his brother was executed after the Sivar was destroyed in SO1. Those are the facts as I know them, if anyone knows something contrary to what I said, then speak up:cool:

The Kilrathi Imperial family tree, as best I understand it.

The Emperor sires Gilkarg (who is executed for losing the Sivar) and the aforementioned uncle, who dies in the the first days of the fighting. During his life Gilkarg, as the son of the Emperor, is the heir apparent to the Kilrathi Empire.

Gilkarg sires Ratha and Thrakhath. At the time of Action Stations, Ratha would be the second in line to the throne (after Gilkarg), making him the heir presumptive, while Thrakhath would be third in line.

After Ratha is killed (or rather kills himself) in Action Stations, Thrakhath would become the heir presumptive. After Gilkarg's death at the end of SM1, Thrakhath would become the heir apparent (first in line for the throne), a position which he holds for the rest of his life. The Emperor ends up outliving him, but only by a short time :p

Gilkarg also sire a daughter, the Princesss and High Priestess Shukarra (sp?) whom we see in several WCA episodes. In addition Thrakhath sires at least one daughter that we know of from the novels. I have no idea where (if anywhere) the females would fit into the Kilrathi line of succession. There are also several cousins with claims to the imperial throne, as we see in WC2.

Best, Raptor

Thank you for the very good explanation Raptor,And thank you very much for the very warm welcome Mav23.And yes WildWeasel I spelled Thrakhath wrong in my original question something I realized after I posted it, I guess that's what happens when you don'nt proofread.

Imperial relations are *hard* <G> I think you all have got it sorted out thus far... (The princess is Zukara, one word).

Now to change the topic a bit -- anybody want to try to figure out the extended family through Thrakhath's cousins <G>?

Out of my head I only know two, Khasra and the Kilrathi from FC (Murragh?) but Thrakhath has 15 cousins according to the WC2 intro. Or was that only 15 cousins who were suitable as "heir to Kilrah" ;)

Ah, no, Mav, he is what we in the business refer to as a "Wigger." Some black people may also take offense to the statement as opposed to solely taking offence to the moron, and therefore he may be referred to as a "Cracka ass cracka." In addition, we can conclude that Preacher does not know that, in fact, it "feels good to be a gangsta," because, as I'm sure you're aware, he could not in his wildest dreams become a "gangsta."

Word.

Gangs are bad ;)

I think one's hunting me right now so if you don't hear from me starting next week I'm probably dead :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back