Pre WC1 era

Lynx

Spaceman
I'd be interested if there were any different weapons in the pre WC1 era, and in the ships they used, for I haven't got Action stations.

The weapon types described in Action Stations are little different from the ones used in WC1 other than fighter missiles being unable to penetrate capship shields (the Kilrathi manage to develop torpedoes before Confed does, and they use these torpedoes for the attack on MacAuliffe that begins the war). However, the original Stormfire cannon does also seem to be in use as well (recall that Pliers implies that it's outdated tech).

As for fighters, the only ones that we get a detailed description of are the Hurricane and the Wildcat. The Hurricane seems to be basically a trans-atmospheric equivalent to the Hornet (light, fast, with laser guns only), while the Wildcat seems to fit the role that the Rapier does in WC1--moderate armor, medium-heavy shields, comparatively fast and agile, and it is described as being armed with 2 Laser/2 Mass Driver and 2 DF/2 HS/2 FF missiles. In WC1 terms I would describe it as something like 420/1250 kps, 8/8/8 dps, 6.0/6.0 shields, and 6.0/6.0/6.0/6.0 armor. (lighter and faster than the Raptor but not the fastest around).

Back