Potential Marine Force Recon change

Shaggy

Vice Admiral
I am now considering changing the Marine Force Recon Total Conversion over from Duke Nukem 3D to Rogue Spear: Urban Operations. This is mainly due to the fact that I have reached, and passed, the limits of the Build engine when designing levels. I haven't been able to create ladders or even fighters on a flight deck. I should be able to do this with Urban Ops, though.
Another plus is that there will be more realism and you can assault the enemy with up to four teams of soldiers.
What I need to know is what the fans think about this, and who would like to help. I'll also be recruiting from Rainbow Six community as well, if there's enough support to go ahead with it. I will need people with 3d studio max 2.0-3.0, because there are plugins needed to create custom maps, weapons, and character models. I don't have 3DS Max so I can't handle any of the models I can handle the art though, once I track down the necessary plugins for Paint Shop Pro. I'll also need people who can rip sound files for weapons and characters.
I'm also curious to see how many people would like to see this happen!

[Edited by Admin]

Total Conversion

I for one would love to see it. However what you are talking about is way over my head. I can do very simple 3D shapes in Autocad 14 and I do not know anyone with Studio.

Hmm... Then it's been broken for like a year. I guess that proves nobody reads the rules.

Thanks.

Any reference I made to warez was purely meant as a joke. I apologize for any misunderstanding.
I am trying to recruit from both communities, Rainbow Six and Wing Commander, so I'll probably find somebody who has 3DS Max.
I'm not that experienced with 3D modeling, I've only been using Cybermotion 3D for few months now, and I am checking with some R6 editing people to see if I can use that in lieu of 3DS Max. It will export to a 3DS 2.0 format.

I think you should use the Lithtech 2.5 engine (AVP2/Global Ops) engine because it's extremely good for open environments, or you could use the Quake3 or UT2 engines beacuse they allow for large amounts of polys.

I would suggest for smooth fps, you use textured ladders not brush ones. :p

Well Cam, I have played some games with the lithtech engine, only demos so far, and I like it. But I don't have any games that use that engine.
The reason I want to use Urban Ops is because it will allow for multiple squads and more realism for weapons. That and I actually own a copy of the game.
Ladder systems are already built into the game engine. So they won't slow the game down.

Back