Poster

Another lady/gentleman mentioned that it appears as though Caviezel was merely supporting the sword in the air, and not a fighting stance. Unfortunately it will always be like that. He did not at anytime look comfortable holding his sword in his hand. I will say it for Jack Huston, and the others they looked more "natural/at home" holding their weapons.

Cool, were you an extra on set? or one of the crew?

We'll have to wait and see how it looks on film. The angle of the shots and editing can change the way stuff looks on screen considerably.

It seems a little odd that he would be uncomfortable with swords when he had to do a bunch of swordfighting in 'Count of Monte Cristo." However, fencing foils are handled quite differently than the sword in the poster so maybe that's were some of the unease comes from.

swords

I was both, an extra and crew. I would have to agree, that the style of weapon was not one that suited him. His actions in Monte Cristo and other roles were far different, but those as you mentioned are on a finished product. At times he seemed, not scared, but worried he might drop it and break it, like it was glass or antique. I am sure it will all work out on screen, at least I hope, for the sake of the movie :)

I was both, an extra and crew. I would have to agree, that the style of weapon was not one that suited him. His actions in Monte Cristo and other roles were far different, but those as you mentioned are on a finished product. At times he seemed, not scared, but worried he might drop it and break it, like it was glass or antique. I am sure it will all work out on screen, at least I hope, for the sake of the movie :)

That might actually benefit the movie in the way you describe. His character might not actually be an acomplished swordsman to begin with. As an alien with futuristic technology he might be more adept at wielding a laser blaster than what looks like a big unwieldy sword. Though it's possible his advanced technology that he combines with viking tech might be that he forges some kind of lightweight alloy into a super sword, so it migh be supposed to look light... just a thought.

indeed

That might actually benefit the movie in the way you describe. His character might not actually be an acomplished swordsman to begin with. As an alien with futuristic technology he might be more adept at wielding a laser blaster than what looks like a big unwieldy sword. Though it's possible his advanced technology that he combines with viking tech might be that he forges some kind of lightweight alloy into a super sword, so it migh be supposed to look light... just a thought.

Indeed I hadn't considered that avenue of approach for the movie, and I believe you might be correct, or at least correct in thinking that it may help and not hinder the production. We will have to wait with bait like breath to see!

It just occured to me what the poster reminds me of...

star_wars_poster.jpg

If you mirror it, the composition is very similar. There's a lot more vikings in the pile than the four characters from Star Wars but The triangular shape is there along with the hero raising his sword/light saber at the top, along with the villain looming over in the background.

just my views... Posted by Thunder...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to disagree with one of the previous posters who stated that Perlman in the poster looks too much like Gimli. There may be a slight resemblance, however I assure you once you see Ron, big man, huge arms, swinging two large hammers and causing carnage, you won't even have a reference to Gimli in your mind. Knowing his actions from the movie and having seen LOTR many times, he is not a Gimli clone. VERY far from dwarf!

Another lady/gentleman mentioned that it appears as though Caviezel was merely supporting the sword in the air, and not a fighting stance. Unfortunately it will always be like that. He did not at anytime look comfortable holding his sword in his hand. I will say it for Jack Huston, and the others they looked more "natural/at home" holding their weapons.

Hi there,
Sorry for the delay in getting back with a reply but I only just noticed this response. Just a clarification....when I mentioned Gimli, I was really only referring to the warhammer in the Poster and the colouring and that in the shadows as a reference to LOtR. There is nooooo comparison to Gimli and Ron Perlman in height and stance by far!!!!! Oh man, absolutely none!!! Sorry if I was misunderstood, there is no comparison to man! Only the hammer and colouring as LOtR showed in their artwork! I guess as an artist myself I tend to look at colour and details and forgot to mention that the two men side by side would have absolutely no similarities!!!

I am the lady who also mentioned Jim's positiioning with the sword. It seems uncharacteristic to support a sword rather than hold it in defence. Jim Caviezel being a strong, lanky man with no lack in strength and self defence would be in a fighting stance right? It did make me wonder if they are really carrying his extraterrestrial side and having him more or less on the defence than attack? It will be really interesting to see!:)

Thanks for the input!

Norwegian Poster

This is kind of neat with a few subtle differences:

outlander_norwegian_poster.jpg

I just found this site a short time ago and passed the word along to a couple of forums where the people would be interested knowing about this movie (all for the good by the way).

If you have not had experience with a broadsword, it would feel awkward at first. This has nothing to do with weight (they were not as heavy as most people thought) as most actors are taught "stage fighting" with different weapons. His stance is very "Heroic" and looks more to "showcase" the Hero's blade.

Nice Poster and positioning.

If you have not had experience with a broadsword, it would feel awkward at first. This has nothing to do with weight (they were not as heavy as most people thought) as most actors are taught "stage fighting" with different weapons. His stance is very "Heroic" and looks more to "showcase" the Hero's blade.

Thanks RunegameGoddess... that description makes alot of sense, being a broadsword. Thanks for the clarification.

I love the changes made from this poster. They included the names of the known actors on it and have some type of tagline on it. Also like the shiny sword.:D

I love the changes made from this poster. They included the names of the known actors on it and have some type of tagline on it. Also like the shiny sword.:D

The tag line is the same one from all the preproduction material: 'Sometimes the legends are true.'

Kind of interesting that they're specifically marketing the Beowulf connection. This was interestingly also happening in Locarno as well. There's a bit of an article I've been meaning to put up.

If you haven't seen it already, you should all check out the gallery page I started to house all the various international flavors of the poster and potentially any print ads or even web ads they see for the film.

Have a look here: http://outlander.solsector.net/posters&ads.htm

So far, I have the english one along with Norwegian, Lithuanian, Latvian, and Russian versions.

I've added a number of new Posters to the gallery as well as a few ads for the film.

Here's to of the latest that provide an interesting contrast:

Spanish%20Poster.jpg

Chinese%20Poster.jpg

It's interesting that the Spanish poster removes the Moorwen completely, and lightents the look of the sky. On the other hand, the Chinese poster - when compared to the original - actual enhances and makes stand out the image of the Moorwen in the background.

WHERE CAN I BUY THESE POSTERS?
WHERE AND WHEN CAN I BUY THE DVD?
DOES ANYONE KNOW YET?

Like I mentioned in the other thread, we unfortunately don't know yet. I wish we did. I promise to update the front page as soon as I find out though.

***also for anyone else reading this, I'm not specifically picking on this person, but please avoid posts in all-caps.***

EDIT: For now I'm removing the links untill I find out if these guy are authorized to sell these, which may be reproductions.

So no word on DVDs but it looks like you can get the poster from [movie stuff store]. They have an 11x17 of the regular one and three sizes of the Spanish version which in my opinion is inferior, but it comes in an amazing 43x62... That's Awesome! But it also comes for the less awesome price of $59.99.

The 11x17s will cost you about $19.99. Check it out: Movie Stuff Store

What I don't know is availability. They mention that they will ship in a few days of ordering but don't seem to indicate if they actually have any stock.

Found the dvd 4 sale!

you can pre-order the dvd at Blockbuster for November 18. $17.99 with $5.00 down.in Ga.
ps.sorry about al caps,on my last post.that wsa my first post ever.I just want this movie.

you can pre-order the dvd at Blockbuster for November 18. $17.99 with $5.00 down.in Ga.
ps.sorry about all caps,on my last post.that was my first post ever.I just want this movie.!!!!!
found it

A handful of sites have had *and removed* that date for the film. I would be very surprised if the DVD actually came out in two weeks. It's not outside the realm of possibility but considering there's no official announcement, or the trailer showing up on any other weinstein DVD release that I know of I seems unlikely.

Places will be more than happy to take your pre-order money though, even if the date keeps getting shoved back and back.

Even when the date first showed up, the Weinsteins said that there was no official date for the release. And we haven't heard anything to the contrary. The only thing different this time is I believe that the Weinsteins have an exclusivity deal with Blockbuster for releasing theire films (it applies only to rentals and not sales fortunately).... an idiotic notion if you ask me that shuts out a huge market of potential renters who live places not anywhere near a blockbuster.

Back