possible ships for WCU (hellcat and otaru read this, everyone else... spoilers!):

confed
stiletto
hellcat
thunderbolt
broadsword
wc3 style transport
paradigm
destroyer (wc1/2 style, like the exeter)
carrier (use current, looks OK... carries a TON of fighters, messing w/ a carrier should be for aces only)

bw
a light fighter from armada
rapier
vindicator
drayman with military markings and visible extra cargo
corvette ("baby paradigm" design)
durango destroyer/carrier

landreich
old dralthi
rapier
seriously souped up orion with extra side turrets and military markings
drayman with military markings and visible extra cargo in a different place
refurbished kamekh

kilrathi
dralthi
gothri
shoklar(cloakable)
asteroid fighter (to be used with asteroid bases as scramble fighter, so it is
only spawned around asteroids)
transport of some kind (use wc3 corvette?)
kamekh
destroyer (fralthi model?)
carrier (wc3 style, carries a TON of fighters and is next to impossible to destroy, prevents player from entering into kilrathi space too deep unless in good relations with the cats)

pirates
ferret
talon
souped up talon
orion with markings that carries a lot of missiles
drayman with powerful turrets and markings

retro
talon
souped up talon
shoklar/salthi
corvette ("baby paradigm" design) which occasionally shoots a suicide talon

firekkan
gladius
rapier
tarsus gunship (extra turrets)
old style drayman

merchant
tarsus
galaxy
orion (one turret)
drayman
drayman with fighters

hunter
demon
orion (two turrets)
centurion
corvette ("baby paradigm" design) which holds 2 demons (would be cool in the palan siege)

buyable ships (eventually):
talon
stiletto
tarsus
demon
rapier
orion
galaxy
gladius
centurion
broadsword
drayman
either corvette or paradigm, i'd rather corvette
old dralthi w/cloak

carryable ships:
talon
demon
stiletto
rapier if you have a paradigm/corvette

military ships (corvette, broadsword, rapier, gladius, stiletto) cost a LOT and come with milspec radars and repair systems.

space stations:
mining
pirate (mining w/defense, sells contraband)
refinery
kilrathi outpost (refinery w/defense)
fighter factory (various flavors)
asteroid fighter base
supply depot
kilrathi star post

planets:
agricultural
rocky (same buy/sell as mining base)
pleasure
industrial
generic (wild stddev in prices)

rationale: gemini happened to have few planets and lots of asteroids, so planets were not developed for industry except for new detroit.

extra weapons in certain bases:

confed: tachyon, tachyon turret
kilrathi: cloaking device
b.w.: stormfire (heavy mass driver)
land: buzzbomb (slow moving heavy missile)

I was thinking: it might be nice to get the armada ships right away so we can help out the kind folks doing the armada remake

otherwise it looks good

Good idea. Plus they all have decent cockpits ;)

That may involve creating a few ships ourselves, I've never seen models for the Banshee or Phantom. Well, I believe I saw a Phantom once, but it was straight out of the original game. Making them could be fun.

And the thread topic is funny. It's exactly the kind of thing that will make people want to read it. The question is, which of them will admit it?

If you really need something to be private, send a PM of course.

i was thinking more along the lines of : we have all the ships, 100%, eventually :)
but ya, that's a good start.

armada first sounds fine too

-scheherazade

That lineup was made because by and large we already have the meshes and textures, the only thing to do is to convert them to priv format. If anyone can do that... I'm DEFINITELY not good at graphics :(

I'll provide a mirror of the relevant files if there is interest, and will happily punch in the unit specifications.

Of course I'm interested... :)

If you need a modeller for some of the ships I may be able to do one or two for you. (I'm thinking specifically the Armada ships).

http://wcmdf.solsector.net/

I'm reasonably sure that we can use these models if we ask nicely... the main thing missing is some kind of transport for the various factions, although there's a workaround for it (I'm making a military drayman by gluing things to a civilian drayman) and the Durango class crusier/carrier for the border worlders. I loved that thing ^^; maybe because I own a small catamaran.

What would really rule is having models in the vegastrike format... i STILL haven't been able to do that so that it looks half decent :(

right now the 3 new models I have are Sabre, Drayman milspec and Durango. These were all created within vegastrike by gluing together ships as subunits -- the Durango looks horrible in that respect, but the other two are decent. The Sabre is basically a bigger Stiletto with different color scheme and a rear turret.

wait...why do you need to glue ships together with subunits?

lets say you have 3 separate models you want as one ship
blah.obj
blah1.obj
and blah2.obj

this is how you combine them together:
mesher blah.obj 0.bfxm obc
mesher 0.bfxm 0.xmesh bxc
mesher blah1.obj 1.bfxm obc
mesher 1.bfxm 1.xmesh bxc
mesher blah2.obj 2.bfxm obc
mesher 2.bfxm 2.xmesh bxc
and now go back from xmesh to bfxm
mesher 0.xmesh final.bfxm xbc
mesher 1.xmesh final.bfxm xba
mesher 2.xmesh final.bfxm xba

voilla all are in 1 ship :)
xba means "append an xmesh"

I noticed you didn't place the militia in there. I would recommend that they have Talons, Gladii, and perhaps Ferrets.

Forgot the militia.... they also get a corvette (mini paradigm, same company designed it but it's not just a smaller frame, hull is a LOT dirtier tho... hehe).

Gluing I do by making dummy turrets, which is why my units.csv file is ugly.

Speaking of which, update:

http://www.spiritplumber.com/priv_remake/privR.zip

additions: kilrathi shoklar, kilrathi asteroid fighter, confed sabre, confed transport, new look for the kilrathi carrier.

What Hellcat is saying is that you don't need a subunit for each mesh. Just get each mesh into one bfxm file and you don't have to deal with that whole dummy-turrets mess.

well if the models are really just parts of the same larger model then they should all be appended at 0,0,0 (centre)

if they actually are offset from each other, then you can't append them using the mesher... the mesher assumes the reason you had split them up was because they had different textures, not different locations

Back