possible improvement ?

U

Unregistered

ok 1st off great mod, but you missed one thing which i would like to have seen included and thats capital ship battles , like wc2 style where concordia have cap ship guns that blast other kilrathi cap ship and vise versa , was cool too cause concordia was like firing big purple plasma stuff and kilrathi firing like duel huge blue ion guns that rip a fighter apart in 1 hit . And you just fly around taking out the fighters attacking concordia while watching the big capital ships duke it out.

see in UE and prophecy its all just launch fighter blah blah torpedo here and there our fighters kill your ship etc. But UE or the next UE , needs some battleships with big ass cannons firing on alien ships that fire like big beams or somthing etc , you get the idea.

and the UE last mission was a bit too easy and kinda ghey with all those cap ships firing at each other and not actually doing any damage , making the capital ships just there for eye candy and not actually any use, because its the fighter torpedoes doing all the damage.

Not sure if it can be done using prophecy unless u made the critical component part cover the entire ship and not just engine/bridge and be able to take more damage.

So what do you other people think ?

I think you're thinking of freespace not wing commander when it comes to beams. As for the capship battles we have them what they would have had to fight with.

Originally posted by Unregistered
ok 1st off great mod, but you missed one thing which i would like to have seen included and thats capital ship battles

Well UE has some of those. Like that nasty Orca that is killing the poore transports...

Originally posted by Unregistered

Not sure if it can be done using prophecy unless u made the critical component part cover the entire ship and not just engine/bridge and be able to take more damage.

Direct damaging isn't possible. There are a couple of possible hacks of course - one you mentioned.
The question is why the work?
When we pose to capships before each other we know who should win and after how many seconds that would happen. So one might as well autodetonate the loosing ship after that time period if fighters don't interfere

Well, a constant-beam weapon could be possible... just set the refire rate really, really high.

Originally posted by Manic
Well, a constant-beam weapon could be possible... just set the refire rate really, really high.

Yeah. The Dust Cannon is already halfway to that point. Just set the cannon to have a refire time of 10 milliseconds (compared to 50 for Dust Cannon) and to do damage of 2-6 per shot.

Originally posted by TCSTigersClaw
YO , thats to.... unreal !

Dust cannon fires particles , not beams!

True, but what I really meant was that the extreme rapid-fire rate of the Dust Cannon makes it seem like a continuous blast of destruction.

If you want to get technical, only the Laser and Photon cannons are true "beams" in the strictest sense.

What about the Behemoth :D If that wasnt a beam, i need my eyes tested, RIP god bless her soul.....

Cap Ships

Actually the Cerberus has a big gun, I seen it and heard it fire (it nearly hit me once as well).

right on dude! whenever the big gun is shot, it is always aimed right at me! i thought the bugs were the bad guys.

Back