Pop-ups

Hobbie

Spaceman
Any XP users out there know who to disable those god damn pop-ups that come over MSN Messenger? I've been just closing them but they have gotten pretty bad the past week or so. I know there is some option to choose to stop them from coming, but I don't know where it is. I bet there are others on here who have the same problem too.

You know. I don't know how you did it, but I'm not sure the admins will be amused. :(

Uh, I don't really think there is anything wrong with this, I am just asking for someone to help me with a problem. This is the off-topic forum. It's just as valid as a jokes thread or a thread with a word game. And if it's not then it will be removed I guess.

Yeah, I'm not too sure what Ripper is on about either. Anyway, as for the original question, I don't know, I don't use Trillian. My guess would be to either not use MSN Messenger since nobody else does, or if you absolutely must, use a fake client like Trillian.

If you're talking about the winpopup type spam, there's some service you have to disable in Administrative Tools. "Messenger" I think is the one.

Yeah, the spam is what I'm talking about. I click on Admin Tools and 8 icons are in the folder- component services, computer management, data sources, event viewer, microsoft.net framework configuration, microsoft.net framework wizards, performance, services- is it one of these? Sorry to keep asking questions about this, but I want those pop ups gone :).

Start-programs-administrative tools-services

Look for "Messenger", stop it, then right click and go to properties. There's a dropdown that says "automatic," switch it to "disabled."

Or actually use and install a firewall...

(I have it enabled simply because I need the messages, but I've never, ever gotten any spam that way :) ).

Back