Pop Quiz

CounterTerrorist\Hostage Rescue Unit training programes are designed

• To create emotionless killing machines

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • To break down the basic personnality of the trainee, allowing the CT\HRU to reshape the individual's

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • To find and magnify the weaknesses within each operative so that they might be overcome

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • To foster teamwork and team unity

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

Phillip Tanaka

Swabbie
Banned
In light of some people's feelings towards soldiers, I thought that I would put up a poll to see which answer you give on the topic of counterterrorism and hostage rescue teams. The question is from the actual tests many CT\HRT members go through, and there is one correct answer in the four I will propose to you.

Originally posted by Phillip Tanaka
CT\HRT members go through, and there is one correct answer in the four I will propose to you.

But how does that make one a correct answer? If a terrorist organization had similar manual with a question asking why did they kill civilians, and proposed 4 answers:

1. Because we are evil
2. Because we are heartless bastards
3. Because we are fanatical idiots
4. Because our Religion/Ideology/Religious Ideology/Leader told us so and we are righteous

What do you think their "correct" answer would be? Would it be the true?

Well you see, there is one answer that, if this was a test by CT\HRU, would be marked as correct. The correct answer, as far as CT\HRU is concerned, I will reveal in a couple of days when people have had sufficiant time to vote. But I'm interested to see what people, either thinking that it is the right answer or something that they believe, would tick. In regards to terrorists and whether or not they have their own tests and such and whether a similar question would be posed to potential terrorist recruits, we know that groups such as Al Qaeda, the Taliban and Jimar Islamia are fighting a Jihad, a Holy War, against non believers. What this means is that indiscriminate war against those who do not follow Allah and believe in the paradise that he will bring for those who die fighting against non believers. So with that in mind, yes, terrorists would feel that they kill innocent people, or non believers, because their leader has said that they are righteous in doing so. Osama Bin Laden has even, from memory, claimed that Allah visited him and told him to create the Taliban. I think I might have said that before in one of the other threads.

I was wondering who voted the first one. :) That was probably added so that anyone who actually does select that one can be tutored on the proper role of SWAT with how concerned they are for the lives of suspects, or indeed any Hostage Rescue Unit.Actually, it seems as if people have a fair idea to what CT\HRU do, since all but your vote, I'm guessing, are pretty evenly devided among how CT\HRU wish to be seen as. Anyway, the correct answer is one of the four I put up. I'll give the a couple of days before coming clean with the officially correct answer.

I think the next poll should involve food. Something neutral like grilled cheese sandwiches. I prefer mine well done with bacon! :D

Or pizza. Interesting results on the poll. I can tell what some members voted, and most everyone have a fair idea to the role of people such as the Los Angelas Police Department's Special Weapons and Tactics and Britain's Special Air Service. I'll tell you what they consider the correct answer to be tomorrow.

Originally posted by Preacher
Given the limited choices available, "yes" seemed the most sensible answer to the poll.... :p

That's always the thing with polls. Every poll should have a mandatory "None of the above". :)

I would have, but this is from the actual test that members of CounterTerrorist\Hostage Rescue Units undertake. There is one correct answer, and thought that I would pose it to you to see how you saw CT\HRU.

It's not really a poll, and then, it's a question. Polls aren't supposed to have just one correct question.

On a newspaper site here, some jackass made a poll some about how should the modern woman be. The options were:

Slut
Dominatrix
Man Hating Lesbian
Repressed slave

A big case of N/A. If the woman didn't think of herself as the three first options, the message was that she was the last option. How nice.

Originally posted by t.c.cgi
... grilled cheese sandwiches. I prefer mine well done with bacon! :D
I like 'em on cracked wheat bread, made w/ Swizz chizz and tomato slices.

Mmmmm, tomatoes: God's vegetable!

And Delance? another good option would be "all of the above"...:D

Back