Plebe with questions

BlackJack2063

Rear Admiral
I got a question for all you pilots, jarheads, blue slimes, confees, border worlders and whoever populates this place. I am new to the CIC but not new to WC, I originally fell in love with the game before it came out in '90, I saw an article and had to have it when it came out. Good old Amiga 500, since then I have owned all the games, and played them between the old amiga, modern PC, Sega CD, playstation and whatever else it came with.

Anyway the question, I have created an RPG (For the second time actually) the first with my own rules, which I got rid of, and then four years later I converted some rules from the SW D20 system, and I was wondering if my fellow compatriots here have links to some sites for resource material, aside from CIC, and the Ace's page. I would like to add a little bit of flair to the game aside from just rules and stats. The novels have been informative, as well as the games, CIC and the Ace's page have helped tremendously, but some of the Ace's material isn't completed yet.

I would like to have all the information I can get, so I can put together "sourcebooks" for the different eras, but right now I am predominatly going to place it all in the Kilrathi war era. circa WCIII. Any help would be appreciated.

BlackJack2063

PS: I apologize for any typos, and if I goofed up posting thing, and thanks to LOAF, for the armor conversions.

I don't have any links to offer you, but I am happy to provide any specific material you're looking for.

For Kilrathi, I recommend using the "Overt Bear Moreau" stats from d20 Modern. (Been puttering around with a Wing Commander d20 idea myself.)

-The Gneech :cool:

Well I already have enough for stats from the games of course. The armor conversions from LOAF helped a great deal with that, to help explain why Kilrathi fighters started out better than Confed, and then ended worse. For the purpose of the game I made the Confed fighters better (To keep PCs alive lol). I just wanted to get stats for some of the harder to find ships, or ones that only showed up in fiction. Like CVEs (Tarawa).
Every few years I get a WC hard one, and this time I want to make my game as good as possible so me and my friends can enjoy it.

Wasn't there a website a while back with all the stats of the WC ships?

I am not completly literate with the WC online universe, so I just stick with CIC and the Aces page (Which is incomplete), and the CIC usually sticks with what you see in the games.
I think why I am asking is a quote from a horrible movie "I must possess all, or I possess nothing!"

I think the website a while back that had a lot WC stats would either be the Wing Commander Terran Confederation Engineers...
and the other I fainlty remember is... The Terran Confederation Underground.

Masters of the universe....."Power!! Pure Power!" That is something me and my friends have a joke about lol...thanks for the info!

Probably the single most disturbing movie villian in the last 20 years. Well, him and Frank Booth.

BlackJack2063 said:
Well I already have enough for stats from the games of course. The armor conversions from LOAF helped a great deal with that, to help explain why Kilrathi fighters started out better than Confed, and then ended worse.

As I recall, since it was Confed that first developed Isometal alloy armor, that means that the Kilrathi ships in WC3 are still using Tungsten armor, which only gives about one third as much protection per unit volume (we have no information about the density of Isometal, but it must be less than triple that of Tungsten or it would not have become the preferred material). Since the Kilrathi were temporarily behind in armor tech, it resulted in them having only about half as much armor strength compared to the Confed ships as was seen in earlier times. After the war, however, the Kilrathi were allowed to incorporate Confed tech into their designs, as seen in the WCP version of the Vaktoth, which has a bit more speed, agility, and armor than the WC3 version.

Back