playstation2 sucses or scam

FYI: by the time PS2 comes to America, a lot of the technology will be removed due to export restrictions. In other words, PCs will still be the best gaming system in the world.
smile.gif

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think that its a pretty good machine , but thinking about it i haven;t really heard a lot about its specs

------------------
You wanna mess with me huh, you wanna mess with ME?!!!

It was no demo model, it was an import from japan at cex, where I get all my import DC, PC, Gameboy, DVD and n64 stuff

Meson said:
FYI: by the time PS2 comes to America, a lot of the technology will be removed due to export restrictions. In other words, PCs will still be the best gaming system in the world.
smile.gif

Ok, I could see the government being afraid of systems such as high-end workstations, etc, things that could be used to plot rocket trajectories, etc., but the 300Mhz proc and the EE in the PSX2 aren't exactly missle building tools here. They are dedicated to graphics, big time, that's how they got so much power out of so little clock speeds. If they want to ban something, why don't they chew on Microsoft's ass a little more, and leave Napster, console systems, and namely other countries alone!

(Note to Admins/mods: That chewing on Microsoft was ment as a comparison only, not for insulting purposes.)

------------------
HTML Assistant: WC Space Command
Administrator: UBW 5th Fleet
Member of the LMG and hating it (Disgruntled Man)
I might be right, I might be wrong, but then again, I just might not care either. Got a problem with that?--Me.

It's not U. S. government putting the restrictions. It's the Japanese government. There is a story about how someone could use the PS2 to let say hack into the Korean Defense computers and stuff and start launching missles.

------------------
Robert "Meson" Stukowski

Wing Commander is more than just a game. It is a lifestyle.

[This message has been edited by Meson (edited May 17, 2000).]

Hehe, you mean they're afraid of a console? Someone must 'ave fallen on his/her head... frankly, I don't see how any console could do anything to somebody's defence system. Why, that's like being afraid of motorbikes, because they could be used to deliver ICBMs
biggrin.gif

1'm a 1337 hax0r. 1'11 hax0r your defEnsE SysteM with my Ps2.

Singed,
1337 Hax0r d00d

------------------
RAW IS WAR!
Watch you're Ho's I'm a 1337 Hax0r d00d!
Hi Maw

[This message has been edited by TC (edited May 17, 2000).]

Hey TC, maybe you can figure out how to explode Dolphins using PS2s
biggrin.gif

I doubt that the Dolphin will be a bigger seller than the PX2. MOst of the people that will buy the Dolphin are Ninteo enthusiast or loyal customer. I've talk to a lot of people and even posted a few polls a some websites. I just don't think people are in great anticipation of the Dolphin or anything from Nintendo.

I'm sure the PS2 will win out in sales but this time where will the greatest number of satisfied customers lie? Personally I hope nintendo but if they make a big mistake (like using catridges, that and only that lost the n64 its success, as it lead to high prices, lack of support, limited textures) then they will have problems. Just remember every was all hyped up about the n64 and it sold by the bucket load on its release and then it settled down to mediocre, which seems to be what is happening with the PS2 in japan due to all its launch problems. Will the PS2 redeem itself and get buyers?
As for brand loyallty I think that applies much more to sony enthusiasts as the PS2 thusfar has had mixed responses from the public, whereas the DC had an alround good response but due to the saturn the sales suffered.

The PS2 will be bigger in the US. I think that sticking with cartridges is not the only reason N64 failed, by the way Nintendo says it is done with cartridges for good. It probably didn't do as well because 64-Bit was not enough to lure people away from the PLaystation. They won't do it with the Dolphin either. Especially with the PS2 coming out first. Being the last to come out hurts Nintendo as well.

What utter nonsense, the leap from PSX to n64 was huge in terms of graphics. 3d acceleration means a lot to most people as it prevents headaches and gives a more real feel also my point was that it may not be the specs that sell the dolphin over PS2 but the reliabilty, the way those specs are used, rare, better design etc etc

I’ll probably get one simply for the fact that I could use it to launch some ICBM’s just in case I need to.
smile.gif

Judging from what I've heard you'll blow yourself up with a PS2 before you get the chance to blow up anyone else (PS this is a joke about the PS2s reliablity and believe me it IS that bad right now, gameplay.coms broke, the one at CEX, and those are the only 2 I was aware of. I don't want some pedantic person saying it wouldn't kill you, IT WAS A JOKE. Sorry but I'm getting sick of people taking jokes seriously)

errrr yes, it wasn't very subtle, I just saw your joke a ground to make another
smile.gif

I never said it wasn't a big jump from the PSX to the N64. I said a lot of console enthusiasts weren't quick tp hop onto the 64-Bit bandwagon. Everyone with a PSX knew that the N64 was gonna look better, but that just wasn't enough for them

Metal Gear Solid 2, thats your defence against games like goldenye, perfect dark, re:cv, half-life and all the other action games available on various systems? Uh-oh that is not good.
Also you are right they didn't take to it, thats because the PSX had its advantages, its hard to get excited about something when although in some ways vastly superior to what you have when in others you will be left missing something.

Back