Playing WC 2 in XP...

Method-Man

Spaceman
Once again Mr.Method-Man has a big problem:) Da Facts : I wanna play WC 2 under XP.The games works perfectly but without music/FX . A few days ago i had to format my harddisk:mad: Before that i played the game with sound.I used the DOSDRV programme.But now they came up with a new version of this emulator and this doesnt work.Somebody know where i can get the older version ?The second problem: I got da speech pack but no dig.speech will play.coz i dont got have this "expanded memory" under XP.I tried to set the memory in uh.. what does "Eigenschaften" mean in english ? You know what i mean its the option where you can set the compatibilty mode.:D But this doesnt work.Neither with XMS or EMS.Who will be my saviour ? Its a little bit boring playing without sound and speech...

Which in turn translates into Properties. The German tongue moves in Mysterious Ways(tm).

Method-Man: Sort out your grammar, or I'll never take the time to read through all your post(s). I can only take so much lingual maiming in one day. Oh, assuming you want my help, of course (others can help you equally well or better anyway).

Originally posted by Mystery muppet
Which in turn translates into Properties. The German tongue moves in Mysterious Ways....

Hey what about giving me some english lessons ?:) Dont wanted to upset you. Im so sorry...

Atleast my german is better than yours :D By the way if my lingual maiming bores you , dont read my posts.I think other users understand them and dont want me to sort out my grammar :p

The rest of us are simply intelligent enough to realize that you're doing your best and that screaming at you isn't going to improve your grammar one bit.

Thats it WildWeasel.Dont wanted to upset anybody , just be alarmed when you read a post by Method-Man.It could look like my 3 year old daughter has written it :D Is my English really so bad ? Man , as they teached me in school , i was the best.:(

Don't worry, I actually understood your first post fine - there are many others who post badly too, and their first language is supposedly English!

Anyway, I don't suppose you've tried setting Win95 compatibility mode? And leave expanded memory on.

Anyway, I don't suppose you've tried setting Win95 compatibility mode? And leave expanded memory on.

I did it that way and the message box showed,that EMS is fully used.But i still have no sound.Maybe i should install WC2 on my FAT32 partition and use VDMSOUND.Think this will work.Thanks....

Back