Pink Floyd.

Tyrant

Spaceman
In a minor attempt to get people to post here again(All signs point to: Pathetic), I guess i'll make a PF thread.

I like the hell out of Pink Floyd. Dark Side of the Moon is an excellent album, with Brain damage/Eclipse being two great songs. Wish you were was a great follow-up. (Wish you were here, Welcome to the Machine, and Have a Cigar are amoung my favourite songs.) Sadly, never listened to Animals(I've heard it's strange, even for Floyd.)

Although my favourite is The Wall, in all honesty. MY favourites on that album are as follows:

In the Flesh(First version)
Happiest Days of our Lives
Another Brick in the Wall, part.2
Goodbye Blue Sky(The music video is pretty odd. Nightmareish, even)
Empty Spaces(Sure, it's short as hell, but I like the tune to it.)
What Shall we Do Now?(Originally on the Album, had to be stripped out because vinal format's limits. It's in the movie version, where we have the flowers screwing, and the face exploding out of the brick.)
Young Lust
Another Brick in The Wall, pt.3(Once again short, but an interesting veration on the tune used in Pt.2)
Hey You
Nobody's Home
Confortably Numb
Young Lust
The Trial(The video version is downright whacky)

Have only heard all of two songs of The Final Cut, but I like Final Cut, and the utterly depressing Two suns in the sun set.

So... have I gone crazy yet again?

Animals is very odd. I like it, but you have to be in an equally odd mood to listen to it!
Floyd are utterly amazing, I actually enjoy the later albums, especially the live ones such as Pulse which re-interpret the classic tracks with more modern equipment to get them closer to the sound originally intended. You also get the post-Waters modern tracks too. I am a fan of 'The Division Bell'!

Gotta agree with all the Pink Floyd love. Their albums are those strange sort that you can go years without listening to, then all of a sudden rediscover them and their genius.

Yeah the dark side of the spoon! erm... i mean moon, yes moon it was...

Anyways gotta agree, floyds are kinda nice if you're in that sort of a mood...

What album do you suggest as a first purchase? I've heard most of the Dark Side material, but don't have any of the full albums...

Back