Pin Pinching

Oggy

Rear Admiral
okay, I went bowling with my best mate and his girlfriend, yesterday (Tuesday), while bowling, I got a strike and one of the pins came skidding down the lane towards me and lodged in the gutter, I went a retrieved it and took it home (stealing is naughty, I know)
He and his girlfriend came back to my house as they wanted to see the model of a school I designed for architecture. To cut a long story short, the pin/skittle is missing, its not lost, it isn't anywhere in my house, and only us three were there, therefore, either my mate has taken it or his girlfriend has (she had already asked me if she could have ityesterday) both protest that they haven't touched it, yet one of them must have.
I am not that bothered about the pin, but its the principle that one of them has taken something of mine and lied to me, friends should be able to trust each other, anybody got any advice on how to handle this, as I would like the pin back, but don't want to cause an upset with my mate.

Originally posted by Oggy
I am not that bothered about the pin, but its the principle that one of them has taken something of mine and lied to me

I must point out that it's rather difficult to take the moral high ground when you stole the pin to begin with :)

:eek: ah, yes, but possesion is nine tenths of the law,
seriously, it just came skidding right towards me so i thought what the hell and snaffled it, probably shouldn't have done. it is just a bit annoying because i wanted it, and i know one of them is lying (betrayal of trust and all that)

Maybe they wanted it too. :)

Really, it can't be that big a deal...

Perhaps they did take as a joke or something.

Perhaps you really did lose it...

I don't know, but you really shouldn't have nicked off with it in the first place. ;)

That's nothing! We found out my freinds car starts without the key, and we steal his car all the time and hide it in funky places.

This reminds me of a similar event in my life. When I was a little kid one day I was happily playing with one of my Transformers toys. There was nobody in the house except me, my sister and my grandmother. I went to the bathroom. I was gone for only a few minutes. When I came back my Transformers' left foreleg was broken. Seeing as how my grandmother was nowhere near the scene of the crime I suspect that the toy was broken by my sister. But she won't admit it :mad:

Anyways its not really a big deal. If I was you Oggy I'd forget about it.

BTW if anyones curious the toy was Sky Lynx - an Autobot shuttle that could turn into a lynx and a bird or could combine to form a dragon :cool:

Originally posted by Penguin

BTW if anyones curious the toy was Sky Lynx - an Autobot shuttle that could turn into a lynx and a bird or could combine to form a dragon :cool:

Ahhh, the good old days back when TF roamed...I don't suppose you managed to get good old egotistical Sky Lynx's leg repaired, by any chance?

Well, after you stole the pin it was from that moment forth yours. So it was your property. Now your friends have stolen from you. And the people you thought were trustworthy are not. I'd be pissed as well.

Originally posted by Oggy
:eek: ah, yes, but possesion is nine tenths of the law,

If that's true then it's their pin now :D and if you want it the only sensible thing would be to steal back...

BlueClaw: I gave Sky Lynx to my dad for repairs. Several years of dithering later I got hold of some glue and glued the pieces back together. It looked good but Sky Lynx retained a limp as a reminder of his injury.

The above is a perfect example of if you want something done you should do it yourself.

For those not interested in Transformers please ignore the following:

OMEGA SUPREME
Allegiance: Autobot

Function: Defense Base

First Appearance: Comic-Transformers #19
Cartoon- Blaster Blues

"Unyielding resolve has no conqueror."

Profile: Omega Supreme is the ultimate defensive force. Although he has great strength, it is his even greater courage which truly distinguishes him. Against overwhelming odds, he will stand unwaveringly and fight with every last microchip of his mechanical being. His fellow Autobots consider him serious, even grim, but those with insight know the reason why: the enormity of the responsibility placed on Omega Supreme. He is designed specifically as the Autobots last line of defense. It is his job to protect the Ark and anything else considered vital to the Autobot cause. He knows that should he fall in battle, chances are there will be no other Autobots left by that point to take over his role. His is a situation Omega Supreme finds both challenging and chilling. He would have it no other way.

Abilities: In robot form, Omega Supreme possesses enormous strength and firepower. A blow from one of his arms can shatter a mountainside. With his clawed arm he can lift 300,000 tons. The plasma blaster on his other arm can pulverize a solid 12' x 12' x 12' steel cube. The laser cannon mounted on his head can hit an object as small as a can at a distance of 50 miles. His armored form is virtually impervious to all non-nuclear explosives and energy-beam weapons. He can change his form into two other forms simultaneously: a laser cannon tank and a rocket with launching pad. The launching pad can boost its rocket into planetary orbit. The rocket is adaptable to communication, military and transport uses.

Weaknesses: In both intelligence and speed, Omega Supreme is a bit slow and plodding. He makes an easy target, but his enormous firepower can usually compensate for that

So I'm guessing the moral of Omega Supreme's quote and tech spec is 'Never give up' or something along those lines.

Originally posted by Ladiesman^
That's nothing! We found out my freinds car starts without the key, and we steal his car all the time and hide it in funky places.
Youre meaner than I thought you were. Your friend should fix his car.

Originally posted by pygmypiranha
And the people you thought were trustworthy are not. I'd be pissed as well.

Come now. Havent you ever heard that what goes around comes around? Its poetic justice at its best!

Soma's right.

Back