Pilot Renaming?

Mend0zA

Spaceman
So I'm playing through Wing Commander for the first time in say....a decade, and I manage to make it through to near the end of Secret Missions 1, without a problem. Then the mission with the stolen exeter and rapiers comes along, and brings progress to a standstill.

Finally, I get frustrated enough to resort to cheating.

Now...stupid play on my part, and now my callsign's been changed to CHEATER, and the next closest savegame I have....is from about 6 missions into the Vega Campaign. I'd *prefer* not to have to replay from that point, but I'd like to not lose all my awards, kills, etc. by starting a new Secret Missions 1 game, and I want "Maverick" back, darn it..

The Save game editor on CIC appears to let me change anything *except* for the Pilot's name, so that seems a dead-end. I'd just start a new SM1 game, and then edit my stats back up, but that puts my date off by 26 days (a minor inconvenience) and I can't seem to figure out how to edit my awards (ie, all of them) back into the new game. Are there any other save game editors, or can I rename the pilot during a transfer? Anything?

I've borrowed a copy of Kilrathi Saga, if the version makes any difference.

Back