Pilot Moral in WC 3 and WC4

yoyoyojo

Rear Admiral
What exactly are the effects of Pilot moral and are there degrees of moral or is it just good and bad?

I started playing WC3 and thought it would be fun to pimp slap some pilots around such as Maniac and Flint. Whenever I choose them they always give me crap when I give them orders 9no can do ace).

Does moral have anything to do with how well they perform?

While onthe subject of Wingmen in WC3 and WC4 are there some wingmen better skilled than others?

Well in Wc4 Panther and Hawks morale effect the ending (i.e. if Blair is a Flight Instructor or total badass) In Wc3 If you are hard on both cobra and Maniac you get awsome pilots

I remember how in WC4 if you don't help Maniac when Dekker is about to hit him then on one of the missions Maniac doesn't back you up much. I thought it was just better to allow Dekker to hit Maniac because he's my only marine guy and I can always just choose any other wingman besides Maniac after the incident.

I don't think that this choice affected Dekker in any way... Actually, i believe that letting maniac get decked (haha) in fact boosts the morale of the REST of the pilots.

Actually, Ed, if you side with Maniac, in the mission where the Project transport is raided (I forget which mission series, offhand), there's another wing of Lances, and Dekker gets on the comms to say (paraphrased) "not so glad you sided with Maniac now, are you?" when talking about a delay.

yoyoyojo said:
What exactly are the effects of Pilot moral and are there degrees of moral or is it just good and bad?

Does moral have anything to do with how well they perform?

Moral will affect how much they are willing to listen to your commands and I think it might effect flying performance.

While onthe subject of Wingmen in WC3 and WC4 are there some wingmen better skilled than others?

In wc4 the pilots you don't see (primate, etc) all have different abilities. I'm not sure if the CIC has a list up of who is better than what but the strategy guides outline which pilots excell in which areas.

I thought that pilot moral is what kept you from picking both Flint and Rachel. :D

Man o man, I seem to get really shafted here... thats what I get for playing the PS versions, or do those have the same thing for the ending? and what exactly do I have to do? I keep getting the same ending

Shipgate said:
I remember how in WC4 if you don't help Maniac when Dekker is about to hit him then on one of the missions Maniac doesn't back you up much. I thought it was just better to allow Dekker to hit Maniac because he's my only marine guy and I can always just choose any other wingman besides Maniac after the incident.

I always solved this problem by flying with someone other than maniac, Dekker is more essential to mission victory

Dundradal said:
In wc4 the pilots you don't see (primate, etc) all have different abilities. I'm not sure if the CIC has a list up of who is better than what but the strategy guides outline which pilots excell in which areas.

The PSX version of WC4 the pilot selection screen you can access gives you an idea of each pilot's skill in certain areas and provides a short bio about the pilot.

ck9791 said:
The PSX version of WC4 the pilot selection screen you can access gives you an idea of each pilot's skill in certain areas and provides a short bio about the pilot.

Yes but can you get the alternate endings?

In WC IV it depends on whose morality is higher between Hawk or Panther. Siding with either one of them in certain areas (such as either choosing to use the flashpak on Ella or not). WC III depends on who you decide (Rachel or Flint).

Actually, Ed, if you side with Maniac, in the mission where the Project transport is raided (I forget which mission series, offhand), there's another wing of Lances, and Dekker gets on the comms to say (paraphrased) "not so glad you sided with Maniac now, are you?" when talking about a delay.

Is that so? what a petty guy Dekker is, he jeopardizes the mission to get some stupid revenge... :)

I think that the fact that I didn't know this only proves two things:
a) I always let dekker punch maniac
b) I NEVER take maniac along if I can pick someone else.

Anyway, I figured that maniac NEVER obeyed orders very well...

Edfilho said:
Is that so? what a petty guy Dekker is, he jeopardizes the mission to get some stupid revenge... :)

I think that the fact that I didn't know this only proves two things:
a) I always let dekker punch maniac
b) I NEVER take maniac along if I can pick someone else.

Anyway, I figured that maniac NEVER obeyed orders very well...

Or at all? In 3 and 4 the only orders I saw him follow was Break and Attack, He wouldnt even acknowledge an Attack My Target command

Back