Pilgrim warships

Dragon1

Rear Admiral
Hi all,

Any speculation on what the Confed/Pilgrim war would have been like (if you subscribe to the validity of the Wing Commander movie)? Anybody have any models of Pilgrim fighters or capital ships?

Would they be shielded? Would there be torpedoes or torpedo bombers? Did anti-matter guns exist before the Kilrathi war?

ooooh, picked the worst part of the movie story. Can´t help you with that, i try to ignore the existence of pilgrims.
And about he antimatter guns...
Well, since they load their torpedos manually, i´m not even sure if something comparable exists DURING the kilrathi war of the movie.
On the other hand, there are these BFGs on the Concordia, but you never see them in action...

I totally agree with your opinion by the way! What an awful way to screw up the Wing Commander universe!

I think this is the traditional response:

d%20No%20Escape.jpg

Would they be shielded? Would there be torpedoes or torpedo bombers? Did anti-matter guns exist before the Kilrathi war?

Yes, no and no in that order.

I don't think anyone has any idea what Pilgrim ships would look like. Though I drew this the last time somone asked:

pilgrimship.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, those special effects are better than the movie. You should jump on the StarWars and Star Trek bandwagon and make a Wing Commander prequel.

*cough....* Anyway...

What does it matter what the Pilgrim ships look like? Weren't the wacky modified A-10 Warthogs that passed as Rapiers strange enough? Imagine what ships from an earlier war that are supposed to be even cruder than that would look like and there you have it, Pilgrim ships.

Wow, those special effects are better than the movie.

If the movie had one thing going for it, it was very professional CGI work on the ships.

You should jump on the StarWars and Star Trek bandwagon and make a Wing Commander prequel.

The Wing Commander movie was a Wing Commander prequel.

Weren't the wacky modified A-10 Warthogs that passed as Rapiers strange enough?

They were BAE Lightnings - A-10s aren't sold to the public.

If the movie had one thing going for it, it was very professional CGI work on the ships.

Maybe the CGI was good but special effects don't begin and end with CGI models. I thought the ship combat was pretty corny and don't get me started on the marines fighting the those pesky rubber Kilrathi on the command and control ship.

You do mostly got me on this one, some parts of the movie did look pretty impressive.

The Wing Commander movie was a Wing Commander prequel.

That one was superfluous... you know what I meant. I can't consider the Wing Commander movie a prequel of the games, it's a whole different universe, but I don't want to start that whole war.

They were BAE Lightnings - A-10s aren't sold to the public.

I was just poking fun at their appearance. Two big engines in the back and monster machine gun in the front.

Well the Wing Commander: Confederation Handbook talks all about the Confederation/Pilgrim war on page 21-22. As for what they used, I only know what they used during the Kilrathi War and that was stolen Rapiers and Broadswords as well as a Concordia class supercruiser, and thats only in Wing Commander: Pilgrim Stars.

I'm with LOAF, I was very impressed with the CGI effects. I think that alot of critics knocked them because the effects didn't stand out and look gorgeous (the ships looked beat up, space was dark...), and exist for the sake of the effects--they were part of the movie, not "ooh, cool, look at these new SGI machines, I can make stuff fly *right* at the camera!!!" BS (see: Star Wars Ep1, Ep2, hopefully not Ep3).

The edit button disappearing isn't random, though. It's set on a time for non-admin/mod folks, thanks to the asshats out there who go off on a rampage, then try to edit away their post later, to avoid getting flamed for being their asshat-y selves.

And thus annoying those of us who might actually want to change something after that time period.

I can understand your decision, though.

Back