Pilgrim Traitor?

Triple-B

Rear Admiral
I realized there is a toy of that pilgrim traitor, but I did not recognize him in the movie? anyone got some infos on that?

pilgrim traitor plot was cut out of the movie...
read the novel to the movie, it was based on an earlier version of a script, which still had the plot in it.

The movie was filmed with the subplot acutally. The finished film hacked it out because a) they couldn't get the film to work properly once they decided to remove Merlin from the film, b) it was cheaper to not finish Merlin's effects c) it let them get rid of more of the Kilrathi scenes which they were disapointed with becuase the Animatronic mansuits were really clumsy to opperate.

There's bits of the traitor stuff left in the movie sprinkled here and there but consider that if I were to put back all the missing material the movie pushes 2h 15min with credits from the existing 1h 40 min! Not that all that running time is good. Really, a properly edited movie with the pilgrim traitor stuff back in would probably run around 2h 5minutes or so with credits in addition to that

Thankfully you can read the novelization that reads pretty much just like the shooting script.

ok thanks, i never bought the novel since i hate the movie and only bought it on dvd because i am fan.

You should check out the novel--because it had to be written months before the movie was ready the author didn't actually get to see the film... so he used Wing Commander I and Claw Marks to describe everything.

I remember SFX magazine in the UK did an article on the Wing Commander movie, complete with a picture of the director talking to Freddie Prince Junior, but he was pointing his finger at him and looked like he was telling him off so they captioned it "The director chastises Freddie Prince Junior for not looking enough like Mark Hamil"

I remember SFX magazine in the UK did an article on the Wing Commander movie, complete with a picture of the director talking to Freddie Prince Junior, but he was pointing his finger at him and looked like he was telling him off so they captioned it "The director chastises Freddie Prince Junior for not looking enough like Mark Hamil"

Tada... It's Paladin and not the director, and the magazine writer has mislabeled Maniac as Blair:

Attachments

• blairmaniac.jpg
    blairmaniac.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 132
There's bits of the traitor stuff left in the movie sprinkled here and there but consider that if I were to put back all the missing material the movie pushes 2h 15min with credits from the existing 1h 40 min! Not that all that running time is good. Really, a properly edited movie with the pilgrim traitor stuff back in would probably run around 2h 5minutes or so with credits in addition to that

Take a look at the timeline! Just in case you didn't believe me when I said that the Comcon raid in the theatrical cut is a total mess, this section represents a more complete version of that scene (some bits are still missing). Each black line is somewhere something is either spliced or moved or a combination of things.

The frame you are looking at is an explosion... Admiral wilson has grenaded himself after being knifed in an attempt to kill Blair and Gerald. Essentially this represents nearly the very end of the sequence. After this point, Blair and Gerald have to confront Sansky, Angel needs to kill a Skipper missile, The Tiger Claw goes up against the kilrathi fleet, Blair Jumps to Sol, and a Snakier gets eaten by Scylla! But look at that frame again! We're already past the running time of the theatrical cut.

attachment.php

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    201.8 KB · Views: 218
Back