Pics and suggestions

DarthMole

Spaceman
My friend an I have recently completed a playable version of the WC CCG. It's different from the old one, and personally, I think the old CCG was way to simple. :D It's still based on launching fighters and travelling thru nav points, but the resource model, nav modifiers and combat has been changed.

I haven't finished writing the mechanics yet, and we don't have any pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You have WAY too much time on your hands :cool: heh... Last time I had any time and motivation to do something like that (and did) was when I was about 16 or so years old. Amazing you have the dedication. I also found it hard because it's difficult to establish a good WC base of core friends/players like Star Trek and Star Wars can (in your local community).

In my first year of high school i just said 'Wing Commander' and i managed to get 4 new friends.
Anyway I encourage Darthmole for his project. Looking at the ships section of this website may help you.

Originally posted by DarthMole
I haven't finished writing the mechanics yet, and we don't have any pics. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Very awesome dude! Good luck with it in the future... but first some questions:

What kind of file format were you looking for in the pictures? What kinds of pictures were you looking for? Is this card game/system going to be duplicatable (like can I get a copy)? Can you post/send the rules? Would you like any suggestions on the rules after a person looks over them?

Either post an answer here or e-mail me. pygmypiranha@yahoo.com

Best of luck! :D

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
Wing Commander fans should operate in pairs, as is their nature.
Heh, heh. Good point.

When I mention "Wing Commander" these days, most people will give a blank look. :( But I did have a few friends who enjoyed WC in high school, although with not even half the enthusiasm I have. Still, that might be considered a good thing - it was one of those friends from whom I bought WC3 and WC4 from for... $A40 IIRC. That's a bit over $US20. :)

What kind of file format were you looking for in the pictures? What kinds of pictures were you looking for?

jpgs and gifs will do fine. I've considered using the old ccg pics, but not all of those are usable. I'm working on the rules right now, and I'll put it up when I finish it. And yes, I'd like to hear any suggestions about the rules after I post them.

The game will be similar to the old ccg in some ways, like in having nav points, pilots, ships, and weapons. But we've modified the combat system so that the outcome won't depend completely on the quality and quantity of maneuver cards a player has. There will be an element of luck in combat. Also, we've made cap ships more than just modifiers. They'll get to move around, attack, and attach weapons just like regular fighters. We've also changed the bombing concept so it will be similar to the game in terms of locking on a target. The combat system is a bit tricky, but I'm sure any WC fan will understand it easily. :D

Back