PiArmada needs a new developer

ZOmegaZ

Rear Admiral
Due to my lack of free time, releases of PiArmada have always been few and far between. As of the last release, the game is approaching a state of near playability. I've gotten some very positive feedback from a few people, and a good list of suggested fixes and improvements. Unfortunately, I don't forsee myself ever having the time again to work on it. Other things have taken my free time, things of greater importance and interest to me. I'm sorry to see the project incomplete, though. I know I'm not the only one that would love to see a modern, full-featured version of Armada. I'm afraid it just won't happen under my direction.

So here's the deal. I want to hand the project over to someone else. It's open-source, so obviously anyone who wanted to can already make whatever changes they want. What I'm offering is my personal support. If you're a programmer and you want to see PiArmada remade, I'll do what I can to help you accomplish that. You can take over the project as the official lead dev. All my notes and collected suggestions, all my experience, and all my contacts will be at your disposal.

If you're interested, post here, e-mail me, PM me, or IM me.

Yeah, same here, I've also been finding myself with less time to work on these projects. PiArmada was a great project, nice work. I hope somebody takes it over, but I can't help but feel that's unlikely.

that's certainly a pity, I don't check these forums all to often but I recall playing one of the beta's of pi-armada and it was a fun game

Is Python a heavy duty language to learn? I would be willing to learn it just to see the project continue.

Back