pdf novels.

wankski

Spaceman
hey ppl,

just wondering if there were any other books out there in electronic format.. some1 recently provided a link to "end run", i enjoyed it a lot...

now i sorta know why u guys found Tolwyn's fall to insanity hard to take.. he was actually a nice guy....

oh well, as i say, any links for the others would be great...

not tryin to pilfer, just havent seen any of the novels here in Oz for sale, like ever.. ebay is dry too....

cheers

joe

There were many interpretations of Tolwyn, both games and novels. WC3 portrayed him as a prick, WC2 did too then near the end he took a liking to you. The novels portrayed him as short and stocky, while he was lean and trim in the games. He was both a nice guy and an asshole, maybe he really was a schizo.

yeah, i kno there is another thread about this so i wont turn this one into its bastard child, but at least he had a measure of rationality and reason in the novel. This was seen in his displays of dignity, respect and awareness of social acceptance, when he pledged to bring his men back, without having special priveleges for his only remaining kin. So unless he had sibling which had children, i guess the long Tolwyn line of poud service came to an end with his shameful suicide...

Actually, that was around 2670-2671-ish in False Colors. Action Stations, which was written about 2680, said Kevin Tolwyn was a Commodore.

Novels are actually one of the easier things to find. Amazon still sells a number of them and half.com should have all the rest.. and only for a few dollars.

Also, if you live in a state lucky enough to have Half Price Books locations, they are usually a top resource for finding all sorts of Wing Commander stuff. Real cheap, too.

psych said:
Actually, that was around 2670-2671-ish in False Colors. Action Stations, which was written about 2680, said Kevin Tolwyn was a Commodore.

Same rank as Blair, oddly enough. Even in peacetime.

I'll second the Half Price Books thing. That store is awesome, especially with Wing Commander related stuff. I got all my WC novels there except for False Colors that I had to order new.

psych said:

Oops I meant in Action Stations since he helped the author with info on his uncle. My bad.

C-ya

wankski said:
just wondering if there were any other books out there in electronic format.. some1 recently provided a link to "end run", i enjoyed it a lot...

Just to let you know, there aren't any official copies of WC books in digital format. Nor are there any downloadable stories (not including Secret Ops fiction) written and licensed for Wing Commander.

Don't support book piracy. The typesetter needs an income.

To be fair... the typesetter isn't getting any money from out of print books anyway.

Does anyone still have that link to End Run? It's one of the novels that's tricky to find in the UK. Got a copy of Fleet Action off Amazon (second hand) from my Girlfriend as a pressie. Looks cracking. If anyone has that End Run link I'd be dead chuffed.

hey thanks ppl for the replies, will check out half.com, hopefully they ship...

hrmm i thought some1 mentioned kevin towlyn dies?? oh well, my mistake...

jammy, the link was posted on this board only a week or two ago... might liek to try a search..

cheers

joe

You could try alibris.com. I got the entire Robotech novel collection (except one) for under $100 there. It's a good site for finding out of print books.

AdmiralHuang said:
You could try alibris.com. I got the entire Robotech novel collection (except one) for under $100 there. It's a good site for finding out of print books.

They just reprinted the whole Macross Saga (again) for the release of Robotech: Battlecry. :D You can still pick up the others, IIRC, from most used bookstores - at least I was able to get the Southern Cross Saga that way, and ditto the Invid Invasion. Already had "End of the Circle", though I'm missing "The Zentradi Rebellion".

bugger.

i tried half.com... great site...

loaded up all the books i wanted, hrmm about 8, then proceeded to check out with a price i was willing to pay... 24USD...

then it asked for my sign-in... so far soo good, yes ! i am a ebay member..

"Half.com does not ship internationally. Only for US and Canadian Residents. Please try our worldwide service with Ebay.com"

son-of-a ....

cheers anyways...

So far, my take from Half Price Books over the years has been:
WC1 Deluxe $2
Wc2 Deluxe $1
Prophecy Gold $8 Complete
Academy $2
Strike Commander $2

Fleet Action novel $3
I see copies of Privateer all the time in there at a similar price. I'm just waiting for Armada to float my way.

wankski said:
"Half.com does not ship internationally. Only for US and Canadian Residents. Please try our worldwide service with Ebay.com"

Yeah, ebay is also great for that sort of thing.. and amazon stuff is often good.

Back